+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam - Required Documents - Manila

cali4nia

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if this question is specific to the Philippines but if anyone can provide some useful insight on the matter I would be very grateful.

Regarding the medical exam, The CIC Immigrants Guide on page 6 (of 23) says you need to provide your passport, and if you don't have a passport, any "official identity document".

My question is, Does the DMP have the power to decide what an "Official Identity Document" is? Or Does CIC have a guideline of what they MUST accept as same?

Reason I'm asking is because one Manila DMP said and I quote "only valid passports are acceptable". How about a certificate of live birth? Or how about an NSO birth certificate ??

Thanks so much in advance

gewo

Jan 28, 2010
In our case, Saint Lukes Medical only accepted Passports together with the letter from the embassy. When we underwent our Xray tests they even checked the passports and signatures. DMP has a lot of discretionary powers based on their own policies, even the guards at the entrance checked our passports and the corresponding advice letter from the Embassy. Certificate of live birth or NSO certificate is an official document but this does not fully identify the holder. I think DMP will not be satisfied unless you present your passport. Try to get some feedback from others, for Im talking based only on my experiences at Saint Lukes.

just wondering, where is your passport?

Goodluck!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cali4nia said:
Not sure if this question is specific to the Philippines but if anyone can provide some useful insight on the matter I would be very grateful.

Regarding the medical exam, The CIC Immigrants Guide on page 6 (of 23) says you need to provide your passport, and if you don't have a passport, any "official identity document".
Well it doesn't just say any official document, it says "an official identity document bearing a photo and the date of birth of the family member". So if you do have something with both a photo and date of birth, that is acceptable. Just a birth certificate is not. The DMP does not get to change the rules. If they insist that you must have the passport, then either print out the page in the Immigrant's Guide that says the above and bring it with you, or find another DMP. You can also try contacting the CIC call centre or your visa office for guidance. When are you expecting that you will get your passport BTW?

My husband did his medical before he had his passport and he didn't have any problems showing an alternate form of ID (that had his pic and DOB).

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Any national issued identification card is okay, SSS, PRC card, Driver's License.

fxyorky

Feb 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/2011
Doc's Request.
13/07/2010
AOR Received.
26/07/2011
Med's Done....
15/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
Can you arrange the medical exam with the approved doctors without any letter from the embassy. Or is one required.

I was going to submit all the documents and the medical along with the original application to CIC Mississauga. Hoping this would help speed things along.

Regards,

Daz

gewo

Jan 28, 2010
Hi daz!

Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office. Better wait for the instructions, you can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A medical exam is a required part of your sponsorship application. You don't need to wait for the visa office to request this from you. In fact if you do, it will delay your application. Please see item 12 on the Document Checklist in the Country-Specific Instructions for the Phillipines:

PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members (accompanying and non-accompanying) Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the designated medical practitioner will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination.

gewo

Jan 28, 2010
I don't want to contest anybody but that post is a "copy pasted advice" taken from the official website of the Government of Canada...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, the CIC website has general information for all types of applicants. In some cases, for instance with parental sponsorship applications, you do have to wait for a request to do a medical. But that is not the case in spousal sponsorship. A medical is a required part of your application and you need to submit it with your application, as quoted above in the instructions which are specific to spousal applicants applying through Manila.