+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam....Redo? or Not just yet?

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

My wife's application for sponsorship is still in process and it just passed 1 year, without hearing back anything from Buffalo, NY visa office. I know that medical results expire after the period of 1 year.

My concern is:

- Should my wife go ahead and pass the medical exam and send the result to Buffalo visa office?
- Or should she wait for a notice/letter from visa office to re-do the medical exam?

The application is at 'background check' pending, currently.

Please advise...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Toledo.

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband and I are in the same situation. His medicals expired on September 10, 2009 and we chose to redo them without any notice so as to save time in the end. Just a few days before my husband's medicals were about to expire I called up the man that conducted my husband's interview to let him know about the situation and he advised us that we should redo them now because in the end he will have to redo them. To save time once the background checks clear, he told us to redo them now because it takes about a month (or two) for the medicals to clear. That way once the background clears, the visa can be issued right away without having to wait for the medicals to clear.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would wait until asked to re-do them. They are well aware of when the medical expires because that is typically the expiry date for the visa. The DMP often requires a specific form from the visa office to re-do the medicals so you may just be wasting your time and money by re-doing them now on your own.

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toby, Ariell is right, not all visa offices are the same.

See in my case it was a given, we were told that we had no choice -- my husaband HAS to redo the medicals, whether he redone them now or he redoes them when the request comes in to redo them they MUST be redone. So we chose to redo them now and get them out of the way.