+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam, minimum necessary income and translation of original documents

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
Hi,

I'm currently gathering all the documents needed for my childrens' sponsorship. They are portuguese and are currently here in Canada with us. I'm not sure whether or not a medical examination is needed for both of them. They are of 2 years of age and 5 months of age.

Also, where can I get their birth certificates translated to send along with the application?

My husband is the sponsor and I am the co-signer. Will I need to provide an option c printout for myself also? and what is the minimum necessary income? It states that if we do not meet that income, we need to provide a photocopy of paystubs, for example, for the most recent year.

Much help is needed and appreciated.

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
SaraDenise said:
Hi,

I'm currently gathering all the documents needed for my childrens' sponsorship. They are portuguese and are currently here in Canada with us. I'm not sure whether or not a medical examination is needed for both of them. They are of 2 years of age and 5 months of age.

Also, where can I get their birth certificates translated to send along with the application?

My husband is the sponsor and I am the co-signer. Will I need to provide an option c printout for myself also? and what is the minimum necessary income? It states that if we do not meet that income, we need to provide a photocopy of paystubs, for example, for the most recent year.

Much help is needed and appreciated.

Thanks
A couple of things:

1. Who is the actual parent of the children? You or your husband?

2. Yes the children will BOTH need medicals done

3. google translators for whatever language you need to english/french in your area.

The answers to the first question will help determine the answers about your option C printouts and what not.

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
Alurra71 said:
A couple of things:

1. Who is the actual parent of the children? You or your husband? If you mean who is the actual sponsor, it's my husband.

2. Yes the children will BOTH need medicals done Where can I get the form for the medical examination?

3. google translators for whatever language you need to english/french in your area.

The answers to the first question will help determine the answers about your option C printouts and what not.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ok, so your husband is the FATHER of the children then? It would be safe to assume that you then sponsored your husband to come here?

There is no actual form to bring. You must find a CIC Panel doctor in your area and then tell them you wish the children to have up front medical examinations for family sponsorship. They should know exactly what needs to be done then. Once completed, they will, depending on your doctor, either give you back a filled out form for the children to return with the application or you will get nothing back from them and you should then just include a copy of the receipt that you paid the doctor which will be fine for proof of medical.

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
Yes , my husband is the Father, and we are both PR's. No sponsorship was done for either of us.

So one of the panel doctors will know then what to do and we don't have to bring anything along with us? I thought we had to provide a form, that's why the question. Thanks.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
SaraDenise said:
Yes , my husband is the Father, and we are both PR's. No sponsorship was done for either of us.

So one of the panel doctors will know then what to do and we don't have to bring anything along with us? I thought we had to provide a form, that's why the question. Thanks.
are you new pr's? if so, did hubby claim his children on his application?

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
Alurra71 said:
are you new pr's? if so, did hubby claim his children on his application?
No, we're not new PR's. We've been PR's since '87 but we lived in Portugal for awhile and had the children there. I'm still not sure whether or not I need to send an option C printout along with the sponsorship applictaion, (me being the co-signer).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SaraDenise said:
Does anybody know the cost of a medical exam for 2 children?
It really depends where you do it. Prices vary from country to country and city to city (even doctor to doctor).

SaraDenise

Jan 21, 2013
We'll be doing it in Toronto.

Scylla, do you know if I need to send in an option c printout for myself?
And passports of the children, is it the actual passport that has to be sent in or is it just photocopy?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
original passports while taking to test and option-c is not required during medical exam. You are doing an outland application which at one time requests for the passports to be submitted to visa office. Im not sure at which stage those are requested by canadian embassy dealing with portugal.

Condition of sponsor and co-signer is that both can not leave country until all process is completed. Check that also as your children are small.