+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam is 7 months old. Can I use it for PR application?

p.sarafraz

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Hi All,

I got my medical done before I received my ITA and now that I have ITA it is 7 months old. Can I still use it?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing to stop you from using it, but risky. You probably have to do new medical around landing.

Medical are valid for 1 year but CIC usually prefers to have medical not older den 6 months.

Reactions: p.sarafraz

p.sarafraz

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
I would be okay with having to complete another medical around landing. but right now I'm not able to get a new one. Do you think there is a risk of rejection?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Take a new medical. It has to be no more than 6 months old at the time of submission.
I know that's correct, but has it been stated any where officially, if so can you please provide link. ??

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
p.sarafraz said:
I would be okay with having to complete another medical around landing. but right now I'm not able to get a new one. Do you think there is a risk of rejection?
I havn't heard of an application getting rejected just because their Medical expired , trust me CIC isn't that cruel . ;) now that being said if you are okay and wanna take chances of taking another medical at the time of landing which is going to Delay your application obviously . then go ahead and USE this one.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Again Can I get official CIC requirement link please ??
there is no such link i suppose, this is some information that has been gathered by looking at some cases on here . but Question is WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? if you were in OP's shoes ? would you risk to take a chance with your application /ITA for which you've waited for eternity or would you take each and every step confirming it with atleast 10 people before performing it ?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
there is no such link i suppose, this is some information that has been gathered by looking at some cases on here . but Question is WHAT WOULD YOU DO ? if you were in OP's shoes ? would you risk to take a chance with your application /ITA for which you've waited for eternity or would you take each and every step confirming it with atleast 10 people before performing it ?
I would submit if I am not able get new medical done before my 90 days is over.

CIC only says, Medical submitted must be valid at the time of submission. So As long as when submitting e-APR if medical is valid it is acceptable. If it expires during process or prior to landing, for sure CIC will ask to get new medical done, but that won't become ground for rejection as first medical submitted was valid.

We all know that it's better to submit medical that has still more den 6 months validity so 99% you won't require new one, but it's not something officially stated anywhere.

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To answer your question, yes you can use it.
But do expect another ME.
Mine was 10 months old and I still submitted it. But I plan to schedule another ME and submit the new one before they request for another ME.
They can extend it while processing the application. But once at the final stage, they usually do require another ME.
So your decision.

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not a possible reason for rejection or cancellation.
Because you could submit your application without ME result as long as you explain you have one scheduled.
And CIC clearly states that the validity is one year and if you won't land within the time frame, you MAY be required to take another ME.
But again, it's definitely a delay if you wait for ME request for sure.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
p.sarafraz said:
Hi All,

I got my medical done before I received my ITA and now that I have ITA it is 7 months old. Can I still use it?
On the official website it used to mention this that the result of the medical exam is valid for 12 months and that the results of the exam must be valid for at least 6 months at the time of submission of application for permanent residence. Now when I go to the same link, it's not there anymore so I'm assuming you can use your 7 months old medical exam.

I know for sure that it used to mention "..must be valid for at least 6 months.." because I actually created an LOE citing this "at least 6 month validity" statement from the official website to explain my case where at the time of my submission of application, my medical was cutting it very close to the 6 month mark. My advice would be to undergo another medical if you can. If you can't, since there's no official mention on the website anymore regarding the 6 month validity, you can go ahead and use your 7 month old medical exam.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
NO u cant use it.

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shariq123 said:
On the official website it used to mention this that the result of the medical exam is valid for 12 months and that the results of the exam must be valid for at least 6 months at the time of submission of application for permanent residence. Now when I go to the same link, it's not there anymore so I'm assuming you can use your 7 months old medical exam.

I know for sure that it used to mention "..must be valid for at least 6 months.." because I actually created an LOE citing this "at least 6 month validity" statement from the official website to explain my case where at the time of my submission of application, my medical was cutting it very close to the 6 month mark. My advice would be to undergo another medical if you can. If you can't, since there's no official mention on the website anymore regarding the 6 month validity, you can go ahead and use your 7 month old medical exam.
Oh really? They deleted it? now it's 'Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.'