+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam is 7 months old. Can I use it for PR application?

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No wonder every thread i'm looking at has stated the at least 6 month validation, but no where to be found on CIC website.
I was worried that before CIC receive my new Medical Report, I would already fail R10.
I guess now I can relax since it's not a big problem and just submit the new medical report once I undergo another ME.

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also found this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Under Medical there's a note

Note:The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
vzoo said:
Oh really? They deleted it? now it's 'Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.'
Yes I think they have removed the 6 month condition. Up til November 2016, I'm 100% positive that the 6 month condition was there because I had a similar issue and the 6 month condition was explicitly mentioned. But now there's no mention of that. If the 7 month old medical is an issue, they will request you to undergo another medical. They can't reject anyone based on a 7 month old medical because now there's no mention anywhere officially that the medical has to be less than 6 months old.

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shariq123 said:
Yes I think they have removed the 6 month condition. Up til November 2016, I'm 100% positive that the 6 month condition was there because I had a similar issue and the 6 month condition was explicitly mentioned. But now there's no mention of that. If the 7 month old medical is an issue, they will request you to undergo another medical. They can't reject anyone based on a 7 month old medical because now there's no mention anywhere officially that the medical has to be less than 6 months old.
oh mine was 10 months old ;D
I planned to submit my application first with my old result and then undergo another ME since appointments were hard to book.
I looked everywhere on CIC to make sure it's okay and then submitted.
Somehow right before my new ME this week, I searched "Medical Rejection" on canadavisa and got panicked badly.
And now I'm pretty sure they have removed the condition of 6 months valid. coz on the link above, they specifically state that 'The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence'
So yeah, even 10 months old is okay-ish. But I will just go for another ME and upload the new information sheet to avoid getting request at PPR stage.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
vzoo said:
oh mine was 10 months old ;D
I planned to submit my application first with my old result and then undergo another ME since appointments were hard to book.
I looked everywhere on CIC to make sure it's okay and then submitted.
Somehow right before my new ME this week, I searched "Medical Rejection" on canadavisa and got panicked badly.
And now I'm pretty sure they have removed the condition of 6 months valid. coz on the link above, they specifically state that 'The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence'
So yeah, even 10 months old is okay-ish. But I will just go for another ME and upload the new information sheet to avoid getting request at PPR stage.
If you can get a new medical done right now, nothing like it. But if you can't, upload the 10 months old ME and also upload an LOE saying that appointments are not available for you to undergo a medical in the next two months so I'm uploading a ME that is 10 months old and the official website only mentions the fact that the ME has to just be valid at the time of submission (put CIC weblink), which is in my case. Also write in the end that if you (CIC) require that I undergo another medical, I will be extremely willing to undergo the same.

That's it.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I thought the medical would expire in 12 months.

I got medical done in April, after receiving ITA in January, but then I didn't submit my application. Now I'm again in the pool. So if the 6 months rule is mentioned on CIC website then I will follow it. I will submit the old medical if I received another ITA within next 5 months.

Nabeel37

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-April-2020
AOR Received.
05-November-2020
Can someone share details how they perform medical of 8 to 10 months old baby? I will be thankful if you explain your detailed experience with baby medical