+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exam help

newgirl868

Feb 13, 2022
Hi everyone, This is a question for anyone who's had to redo their medical exam since it expired. Were you asked questions that you weren't previously and vice versa in the exam? I recently redid my medical with the same doctor (I know I posted about the medical recently, but this a completely seperate question). I noticed there were some questions he didn't ask me this time that he asked in my previous exam, some questions were new, or he asked them in very specific ways to what I remember previously. For example: ''have you ever stayed in hospital over night? What was it for?''

He mentioned that the requirements for what IRCC want have changed and they change frequently, so again I did not think anything of it. He did not ask about previous surgeries (other than what i had mentioned for staying in hospital overnight), moles, scars other than an obvious one or things like asthma (which I don't have currently, but did as a child). All of these questions were asked in the previous exam and answered. My question is will this matter overall? I came prepared to answer a bunch of questions that he ultimately never asked.
But should he have? And this something that I need to follow up on? My concern I guess is that IRCC has differing information based on these two exams, but if what IRCC are requiring has changed then perhaps this information is not relevant anymore.
I am literally just going based on what this doctor has told or asked me.

Thanks

Reactions: wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Hi Newgirl,
How did you get on with this? I’ve been told by a friend that their medical didn’t really ask many questions apart from anything respiratory, heart conditions, mental health, diabetes and cancer. They didn’t really want to know much at all. Maybe IRCC have changed it as too many cases needed manual review when ultimately they didn’t need to.