+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam and PCC (FBI) expired after AOR

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Has anyone ever dealt with expired medical exams and/or PCC after AOR?

What does CIC typically do? Do they request new ones?

Mine were valid when I submitted the application but expired two months after that.

My medical went from passed to not needed.

Any insights would be really appreciated.

Thanks

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Strange how it can expire. I thought the medical record is valid for 12 months and the pcc can not be longer than 5 months old BEFORE submission of eApr. How long did AOR take?

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Has anyone ever dealt with expired medical exams and/or PCC after AOR?

What does CIC typically do? Do they request new ones?

Mine were valid when I submitted the application but expired two months after that.

My medical went from passed to not needed.

Any insights would be really appreciated.

Thanks
hi, did you have to resubmit medicals? or did it just change to you do not need medicals and you were issued ppr after?

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Medicals must be valid at the time of the submission of the application (without fail).
If the medical report expires during the review process of the PR application, CIC might ask for an updated medical report, but at the same time, they might just 'extend' the existing medical report already attached to the application, and not ask for new medicals. It is up to them. Rest assured, if they want you to send them a new medical report, you will be notified.

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
i w
Medicals must be valid at the time of the submission of the application (without fail).
If the medical report expires during the review process of the PR application, CIC might ask for an updated medical report, but at the same time, they might just 'extend' the existing medical report already attached to the application, and not ask for new medicals. It is up to them. Rest assured, if they want you to send them a new medical report, you will be notified.
i wasnt asked for new medicals, but i still went ahead and did them last week. and then my medical status changed today, which most probably is because they received new medicals, though i never sent them my new medicals, the clinic i did my new medicals must have updated my new medical reports.

Reactions: Supernova

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Yep, I understood that you were not asked to do the medicals again, just wanted to be thorough with the answer, in case other people are wondering whether they should (or shouldn't) get new medicals when it expires.
Your new results would have been uploaded to 'e-medical' by your doctor's office, which means CIC can access it without you having to upload your copies to your MyCIC account. This is one of the reasons why medical checks can't be done just by any doctor in any random hospital, and PR applicants must go to specific medical offices/surgeries designated by CIC.

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Yep, I understood that you were not asked to do the medicals again, just wanted to be thorough with the answer, in case other people are wondering whether they should (or shouldn't) get new medicals when it expires.
Your new results would have been uploaded to 'e-medical' by your doctor's office, which means CIC can access it without you having to upload your copies to your MyCIC account. This is one of the reasons why medical checks can't be done just by any doctor in any random hospital, and PR applicants must go to specific medical offices/surgeries designated by CIC.
got it, thanks. So most probably the update to my account over the weekend is an automatic update by CIC on receiving my medicals, right?

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
got it, thanks. So most probably the update to my account over the weekend is an automatic update by CIC on receiving my medicals, right?
Probably, and unless your new results are wildly different from the first one (or cause for concern), it shouldn't delay your application much (if at all).

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Probably, and unless your new results are wildly different from the first one (or cause for concern), it shouldn't delay your application much (if at all).
yes the medical results are the same, ok thank you for your reply :)

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
i w
i wasnt asked for new medicals, but i still went ahead and did them last week. and then my medical status changed today, which most probably is because they received new medicals, though i never sent them my new medicals, the clinic i did my new medicals must have updated my new medical reports.
Hi ateotia11,

Can you please explain in detail how did you do your medicals again without being asked and did that create any issue..how long did it took for ppr..
Actually mine husband and mine medicals are expired..our application is still in process. On 21st dec 2018, 6 months will get completed but we have not heard anything from cic..it would be great if you can help understand how you worked in your case..

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Hi ateotia11,

Can you please explain in detail how did you do your medicals again without being asked and did that create any issue..how long did it took for ppr..
Actually mine husband and mine medicals are expired..our application is still in process. On 21st dec 2018, 6 months will get completed but we have not heard anything from cic..it would be great if you can help understand how you worked in your case..
hello, do not do medicals without being requested, it caused me some delay (couple of weeks). Wait for a new medical request to come from CIC and only then do medicals again. Sometimes even though medicals expire during the course of processing, it is upto them to extend your medicals. I redid my medicals around april start, got new medical requests neverthless mid june and got PPR end of july.

Reactions: Supernova

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
hello, do not do medicals without being requested, it caused me some delay (couple of weeks). Wait for a new medical request to come from CIC and only then do medicals again. Sometimes even though medicals expire during the course of processing, it is upto them to extend your medicals. I redid my medicals around april start, got new medical requests neverthless mid june and got PPR end of july.
Ok..got it..but my 6 months period is about to be over so makes me more worried..besides other applicants who applied during the same time like mine have already got their passport stamped..i dont know what is taking too long in my case..

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for the explanation..

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I am in the same boat. My wife and my medical will expire in April of 2019. Our AOR was May 2018. At that time we deferred my wife's X-Ray because she was pregnant.

Now, my wife will deliver in a few weeks (in December 2018). I hope when I add the baby as a new dependent to my application (sometime during January 2019), CIC will prompt all of us: me, my wife, and our baby to submit our medical exams through the online account?

Also: since my AOR was on May 2018, does this mean that I will need to enter Canada before May 2019 (within 1 year of the AOR)? I ask this because I am graduating from my Masters program on May 2019 and intend to enter Canda after July 2019. I hope there is no rule that states that one has to land in Canada within 1 year of the AOR?:(

Thanks for your discussion guys!:)