+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical degree already verified by ecfmg.

Eve's apple

Oct 1, 2022
Hi. I hope someone will help me out in this confusing pathway. I am a doctor who did her mbbs and then 5years of training. Currently I am at the end of my post graduation training in orthopedics. I want to apply for immigration and pr in Canada. Not really looking for practicing there as I know there is no chance for orthopedics there. I have my degree and house job certificate already verified BY EPIC/ECFMG for Ireland. Do I need to apply through Physicians apply again? And if yes the which documents do I need to verify and how does this point scoring works for doctors. Like how many points do we get for mbbs and does house job and training count as work experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I hope someone will help me out in this confusing pathway. I am a doctor who did her mbbs and then 5years of training. Currently I am at the end of my post graduation training in orthopedics. I want to apply for immigration and pr in Canada. Not really looking for practicing there as I know there is no chance for orthopedics there. I have my degree and house job certificate already verified BY EPIC/ECFMG for Ireland. Do I need to apply through Physicians apply again? And if yes the which documents do I need to verify and how does this point scoring works for doctors. Like how many points do we get for mbbs and does house job and training count as work experience?
If wanting to immigrate and your NOC is physician, it must be assessed by the Medical Council of Canada. Steps are on the Express Entry website. As for points, it may be assessed as Masters/professional. Again points system are on EE site. For EE, to be eligible you need one year, full-time continuous skilled work experience in one NOC (paid).

Eve's apple

Oct 1, 2022
If wanting to immigrate and your NOC is physician, it must be assessed by the Medical Council of Canada. Steps are on the Express Entry website. As for points, it may be assessed as Masters/professional. Again points system are on EE site. For EE, to be eligible you need one year, full-time continuous skilled work experience in one NOC (paid).
Thanks for reply. Do you know if post graduate training and house job qualify as experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is the point thay I am not getting. Don't they count as skilled worker experience?
Yes, it counts. But what I am saying is that to be eligible for EE-FSW, you need at least one year of continious full time experience (no breaks). All requirements are on the EE site.

Eve's apple

Oct 1, 2022
Thanks this helped a lot. And another thing I mentioned is that I have my documents recently verified by ecfmg do I need to apply again to physicianspply. Ca?

Eve's apple

Oct 1, 2022
I wanted to ask another thing. I have done oet and I think that is not acceptable and I have to take ielts as well?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wanted to ask another thing. I have done oet and I think that is not acceptable and I have to take ielts as well?
Yes, you'll need to take IELTS.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you do your training in Ireland? If so you likely will be able to get licensed although getting a job in orthopaedics is pretty tough. Comes down to luck (who is retiring, taking leave or moving to another city that year plus what Canadians are trying to enter the work force that year) and whether you are willing to practice anywhere in Canada. There are other countries where you could secure a job as a physician or you could look into fellowships in Canada which are somewhat required these days to secure a job in certain specialties. Do you have a concrete plan of what else you’d want to do because most new physicians don’t actually have an easy pathway to other jobs unless they return to school.

Hopesly

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
I am a doctor, yes you still have to verify through physician apply and they let them knkw you have ECFMG verification, they will subsequently request for the verification number this will make the process faster.
Alternatively if you do not intend to ever practise in canada by any chance then you can verify your documents through WES.
Yes, your MBBS counts as a masters degree point
Yes your housejob counts as a work experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a doctor, yes you still have to verify through physician apply and they let them knkw you have ECFMG verification, they will subsequently request for the verification number this will make the process faster.
Alternatively if you do not intend to ever practise in canada by any chance then you can verify your documents through WES.
Yes, your MBBS counts as a masters degree point
Yes your housejob counts as a work experience
MBBS doesn’t usually count as a masters degree. In most countries it isn’t a masters degree. It counts as a professional degree.

Hopesly

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
MBBS doesn’t usually count as a masters degree. In most countries it isn’t a masters degree. It counts as a professional degree.
I meant in CRS point wise it carries the same point as a masters degree yes I am aware it is a professional degree