+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical check-up might indicate Diabetes!! Will it lead to rejection?

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Squishy Face, which center did you have your medicals at please?

Also, what has happened to those people who have diabetes and have had the test? I have only had Diabetes for a year, so how can it be determined that it is controlled as I have only had one annual test since.

Also, if you are to purchase your own Metformin in Canada, how much do these cost?

Please reply

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
nikosyozzer said:

Also, what has happened to those people who have diabetes and have had the test? I have only had Diabetes for a year, so how can it be determined that it is controlled as I have only had one annual test since.

Also, if you are to purchase your own Metformin in Canada, how much do these cost?

Please reply

I am diabetic and am also Metformin. I got my PR and landed in April.
So in my opinion being diabetic is not a rejection criteria.

CEC_June14

Oct 8, 2014
squishyface said:
I will be doing my medical in a couple of weeks here. I have been type 1 diabetic for the past 20 years. No complication. Well controlled. Probably healthier than most non diabetics simply because I have to care so much about everything.
On my tablet now so cannot type very well. It takes forever!
If any questions, please pm me. Essentially, you want to make sure there is no signs or symptoms of complication.
Your creatine serum range, A1C range, presence of protein or microalbumin in your urine and estimated GFR are the key things to monitor. You want to make sure your glucose level is within normal range, but your A1C level is what the doctor will care more about.
I will update you all once I do my medical.
Hi All,

In my emedicals all my all blood tests are perfectly normal. However my doctor on her own analysis added AST(Liver functioning test) to those and in that I have found High.(AST(Aspartate Transaminase) needs to be between 7 and 37. Mine is 77) Will it affect my process...Please advice...Does medical cause rejection of CEC application?

maha shahzad

Star Member
Apr 30, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th May 2014
Nomination.....
22 sept 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 december 2014
Med's Done....
7th jan 2015
Interview........
rprf ,pcc, ppr1..........5th january 2015, SUBMITTED ON 2nd feb 2015
Passport Req..
23rd feb 2015 ,pp sent 9th march
VISA ISSUED...
21 march 2015
LANDED..........
15 July 2015
Aoa,
My husband is diabetic since past 4years...he has been taking metformin xr, he went for pre MR kidney performance test so tht a timely action may b taken before actual Medical exam.
Unluckily result showed microalbumin 139 ,which should b below 20 normally, sometraces of protiens in urine, ....
Creatinie serum came in normal range.....
He has started taking zestril for protien release slowing down n increased glocophage dose.
Im principal aplicant n non diabetic
Any forum member, with similar situation as my husband, would it cause PR process end? We have MR coning week, feeling extremly tense.

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know any one was rejected because she/he was diabetic???

lalithaditya215

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
Jan-07-2014
Med's Request
May-29-2014
Med's Done....
June-29-2014
Passport Req..
July-17-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep-02-20114
walidcanada said:
Do you know any one was rejected because she/he was diabetic???
I am principle applicant & diabetic (actually found that while MR). I have high range(more than 200 fasting as i am not aware of my condition) at the MR and then they did "creatinine serum" test for kidney functioning which is normal. I got my PR and now in Canada.

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalithaditya215 said:
I am principle applicant & diabetic (actually found that while MR). I have high range(more than 200 fasting as i am not aware of my condition) at the MR and then they did "creatinine serum" test for kidney functioning which is normal. I got my PR and now in Canada.
Dear Lalithaditya,

You realy releived me a lot as Im diabetic.

BTW, where did you land? and how you found Canada so far?

Happy New Year ;D

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
lalithaditya215 said:
I am more interested in knowing how exactly that process played out for you. Did you go to get the medical and everything was done in the one visit or did they find out your sugars were high and then send you for testing on other days, etc? Did it delay the process for you to get your PR? Did they determine your sugars by the urine test or was it a blood test? Once they saw they were high they did the "creatinine serum" test which you say came out normal. Was all of that determined the same day?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
nikosyozzer said:

Please reply
I don't know how much tablet you take. But, some one on 500mg *4 a day, a month supply will be $20. not expensive at all.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Just to update my situation...

Medicals happened in October (I have type 2 diabetes). I got my doctor to write a letter (to whom it may concern) just to outline when I was diagnosed with diabetes and what meds I'm on (meteormin tablets only). The letter confirmed my last blood sugar level and cholesterol results as well.

Application was submitted in Jan 2016 (my wife is the main applicant) and we got PR through in May. Landing in a week for a day to activate it.

baluni81

Oct 7, 2016
I am diabetec.....Recently I did my medical.......my hba1c was 8.3...... I declared my medicine as wl which is 500 mg metformin twice...no sugar no protein in urine......will this Condition can create an issue in my PR application

sunny22

Jun 25, 2017
I am main applicant,my wife is diabetic with type 1 .her sugar levels are in range of 200+ . she injects insogen twice a day.. She also has high colestrol .will this have negative impact on application.Our medical examination is due in couple of months. and what are the precautions we can take?

Wingk

Feb 22, 2018
I am main applicant,my wife is diabetic with type 1 .her sugar levels are in range of 200+ . she injects insogen twice a day.. She also has high colestrol .will this have negative impact on application.Our medical examination is due in couple of months. and what are the precautions we can take?
How did it go?

shivams786

May 16, 2019
hye....how was your medical exam? i am concerned about ...one of my friend too...please tell me
I will be doing my medical in a couple of weeks here. I have been type 1 diabetic for the past 20 years. No complication. Well controlled. Probably healthier than most non diabetics simply because I have to care so much about everything.
On my tablet now so cannot type very well. It takes forever!
If any questions, please pm me. Essentially, you want to make sure there is no signs or symptoms of complication.
Your creatine serum range, A1C range, presence of protein or microalbumin in your urine and estimated GFR are the key things to monitor. You want to make sure your glucose level is within normal range, but your A1C level is what the doctor will care more about.
I will update you all once I do my medical.