+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical BEFORE sponsorship approval? Need urgent help!

kazandbergen

May 7, 2013
Hi there. I've been watching this forum for a while. The topics posted have been so helpful!

But I have an urgent question that I cannot find the answer to.

My husband is Canadian and I am American. He is wishing to sponsor me, but hasn't sent in his application yet. Our work schedules are both pretty hectic so I went ahead and scheduled to take my medical exam about a month ago. Applying for time off is pretty difficult for me so I booked it in advance to make sure I would get it.

My nearest Canadian approved physical is over 5 hours away from where I live and I'm booked to take the exam tomorrow.

So my question is, would it hurt me in any way to take the medical now before he is approved? I've already received my FBI and state criminal record as well.

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're actually supposed to complete the medical before you submit the sponsorship application and include proof in the application that the medical has been completed.

So yes - do the medical before the application is submitted and include the required proof as part of the application package.

kazandbergen

May 7, 2013
Whew! Thank you for your quick reply!

Now I'm a little bit confused. That's what I thought before that I gather all my documents and then send them to my sponsor and we send everything in together at once. But when I made the appointment for my physical, they mentioned if I had received the paper Canada sent me that had some sort of tracking number. That I needed that but if I didn't have it, they could provide the paper but they would rather me have the one that was sent to me.

Since then I've read so much conflicting information that I'm questioning everything I've done.

welldone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
Urdu Nika Nama. Jan 14, 2015
AOR Received.
May 29, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 28,2013 to ISB, Feb 24 to London
Med's Request
Nov 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2014
Interview........
June 1 2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
June 1, 2015.
LANDED..........
Aug 6, 2015
Hi
When you go to see your doctor he or she will hive you a form receipt show you did the medical exam it called IMM1017 copy 2. So you will include this in your documents. You will get the tracking number and UCI and application number within about 2 weeks once you submit all your document, by these # you can check your application status.