+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Appendix C Question

vancouverite

Feb 7, 2011
My Question is simple. I am getting married in a month from now and my fiancé wants to get her medical done next week as its convenient for her to travel. Medicals are valid for a year and it won't be a problem for me as processing times from my country of application aren’t overly long. My question is in Appendix C there is a field that states:

Relationship to Sponsor: Spouse, Conjugal Partner, Common-law partner, Dependent Chid

Now legally we have not relationship until we get married next month, she is my fiancé right now. What do we do? Please advise.

Regards,

May god bless you and the people of Japan!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverite said:
My Question is simple. I am getting married in a month from now and my fiancé wants to get her medical done next week as its convenient for her to travel. Medicals are valid for a year and it won't be a problem for me as processing times from my country of application aren't overly long. My question is in Appendix C there is a field that states:

Relationship to Sponsor: Spouse, Conjugal Partner, Common-law partner, Dependent Chid

Now legally we have not relationship until we get married next month, she is my fiancé right now. What do we do? Please advise.

Regards,

May god bless you and the people of Japan!
Check spouse because that is the category that you and your soon-to-be wife will be applying under.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband tried to get his medical done a month before the wedding and the doctor told him to come back after we were married.

vancouverite

Feb 7, 2011
Ok I just wanted to see a reply from a Champion member and I was told by CIC (I called them today) and they said I should write in "Fiance" with a pen myslef...I was like WTF?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solosunseeker said:
My husband tried to get his medical done a month before the wedding and the doctor told him to come back after we were married.
Some of these DMPs think they know everything about immigration. They don't. Stupid.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverite said:
Ok I just wanted to see a reply from a Champion member and I was told by CIC (I called them today) and they said I should write in "Fiance" with a pen myslef...I was like WTF?
I suppose you could do that too. Bottom line is that you WILL be married by the time you submit the medical with the application. CIC will understand. You are definitely not the first person to do the medical before the wedding.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solosunseeker said:
How much of an idiot is that DMP !!!

He/she needs to see a doctor :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vancouverite said:
No. It probably won't make any difference if you do this, since it will be obvious that you are married from other documents. But think of it like this: when you send in the application, and the visa officer sees it, you will be married. So put 'married'.