+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBBS ECA?

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
We just got ECA (MBBS Degree) for my Husband (Doctor) from MCC as" Canadian Equivalency Established: Doctor of Medicine" which level should this be considered?

In CRS system, should this be tagged as Bachelor? Master?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We just got ECA (MBBS Degree) for my Husband (Doctor) from MCC as" Canadian Equivalency Established: Doctor of Medicine" which level should this be considered?

In CRS system, should this be tagged as Bachelor? Master?
Professional degree. Assume your spouse has already researched how difficult it is to become a physician in Canada as an IMG and that a large percentage never practice in Canada. One of the worst countries for IMGs.

peacefull

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-09
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
16-02-2010
Med's Request
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
6-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Professional degree. Assume your spouse has already researched how difficult it is to become a physician in Canada as an IMG and that a large percentage never practice in Canada. One of the worst countries for IMGs.
It's difficult but not impossible. If you plan ahead, stay determined and focused, it's achievable.

Vinay chahal

Mar 31, 2021
I m MBBS doc want to immigrate to canada,my profession is under code 3112
but under 3112 there is clearly stated that u should have license for that if u r applying under that code....
plz tell me is it compulsory to clear the mcc exam or just eca is enough to apply under skilled worker program for permanent residency,as m not interested in continuing my medical profession anymore....

DRMDSMUHIT

Jan 30, 2018
but under 3112 there is clearly stated that u should have license for that if u r applying under that code....
plz tell me is it compulsory to clear the mcc exam or just eca is enough to apply under skilled worker program for permanent residency,as m not interested in continuing my medical profession anymore....
ONLY need ECA need for immigration. It will mention as MBBS=MD. It will get "Masters" (not bachelor) points in express entry.
Anyway, aftet going to Canada its very difficult for doctors.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
ECA would be enough from mcc, no need of any exam..

alisarwan

Apr 21, 2021
My wife has done MBBS, she is about to complete her FCPS in few months.
Need to know if we wait till her FCPS is awarded, if it helps in any way like elevating education level (which is less likely) or exemption from any qualifying exams.

One more thing, her MBBS(5 years) is equivalent to Master or professional degree or not ?

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Need to know if we wait till her FCPS is awarded, if it helps in any way like elevating education level (which is less likely) or exemption from any qualifying exams.

One more thing, her MBBS(5 years) is equivalent to Master or professional degree or not ?
MBBS is equivalent to Master/professional degree.
Fcps won’t exempt her from examz

alisarwan

Apr 21, 2021
MBBS is equivalent to Master/professional degree.
Fcps won’t exempt her from examz
Thanks for information.

Can you confirm if I need to get her higher school certificates ECA from WES? Her MBBS is going to be assessed by MCC that is for sure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

FCPS doesn't give her any more points. MBBS is a professional degree. I assume you have explored how difficult it is to get licensed in Canada? Probably one of the hardest countries to transition as an IMG unless you are from a few select countries. You have to be prepared to not practice if moving to Canada as an IMG. Countries like the UK, Ireland or the US make it much easier to get licensed as an IMG.