+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA students can be rejected?

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Hi all, I reckon MBA program covers a broad spectrum of fields so this program should give applicants higher chance to get approval?( in terms of the chosen program matching with edu background/work history). What do you guys think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all, I reckon MBA program covers a broad spectrum of fields so this program should give applicants higher chance to get approval?( in terms of the chosen program matching with edu background/work history). What do you guys think?
MBA students can still be rejected. However generally speaking, MBA students usually have a higher chance of being approved than PGD applicants. You'll want to make sure the MBA makes sense in terms of your previous education and work experience. Also, you'll want to pick either a good school or a decent school. Lower end schools can be problematic for getting approvals.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, potential MBA students can be refused a study permit. You need to show career advancement in home country so need to justify high tuition costs for a Canadian MBA. Select a public institution and not private. Have funds. Education must show need for MBA.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have not seen any MBA applicants rejected except from my favorite University, University Canada West.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
I have not seen any MBA applicants rejected except from my favorite University, University Canada West.
you mean MBA students at this school got rejected? I know one MBA student was rejected but mainly because of his residency status, not because of not matching program with education and work history. Could you share a bit more?

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
y
Yes, potential MBA students can be refused a study permit. You need to show career advancement in home country so need to justify high tuition costs for a Canadian MBA. Select a public institution and not private. Have funds. Education must show need for MBA.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. so is it okay if the MBA program cost at Uni A is not high at all, and it's a decent uni. will applicants have higher chance to get approval?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
you mean MBA students at this school got rejected? I know one MBA student was rejected but mainly because of his residency status, not because of not matching program with education and work history. Could you share a bit more?
Yes, we've seen students from this school refused. It's an extremely low ranked school. It frankly doesn't make sense for someone to pay so much money to come to Canada to study at such a poor institution. They pretty much accept anyone into their program. IRCC knows this and that's why refusals happen.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Any student can get rejected - even Ph.D candidates. Chances of rejection are however lower (barring other reasons related to funds, country ties, travel history etc) for Masters level and Ph.D students compared to PGD.

The institution also matters a great deal - most decent unis don't offer diplomas etc anyways, it's mostly found at colleges and private unis.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
y

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. so is it okay if the MBA program cost at Uni A is not high at all, and it's a decent uni. will applicants have higher chance to get approval?
Higher ranked the program, the more likely your application with be approved imo. Because 1) you have to be qualified to get in meaning you are likely to be a genuine student 2) academic rigorous so if you don't study you will end up failing 3) good history of good students

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Yes, we've seen students from this school refused. It's an extremely low ranked school. It frankly doesn't make sense for someone to pay so much money to come to Canada to study at such a poor institution. They pretty much accept anyone into their program. IRCC knows this and that's why refusals happen.
thanks for letting me know, my uni requires GMAT so I guess it would be okay, I am finding hope that I will not be rejected after spending 3 months studying MBA at MUN ^^

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Higher ranked the program, the more likely your application with be approved imo. Because 1) you have to be qualified to get in meaning you are likely to be a genuine student 2) academic rigorous so if you don't study you will end up failing 3) good history of good students
oh thank you for sharing! I feel a bit better now, I just finished Fall sem (no AIP yet) at Memorial University.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
oh thank you for sharing! I feel a bit better now, I just finished Fall sem (no AIP yet) at Memorial University.
MUN is a well-ranked school despite the low tuition fees (this is made possible by provincial subsidy so it's not a reflection of the quality of education at all).

Not sure it was a great idea to start classes without an AIP at the very least though. Fingers crossed this worked out for you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MUN is a well-ranked school despite the low tuition fees (this is made possible by provincial subsidy so it's not a reflection of the quality of education at all).

Not sure it was a great idea to start classes without an AIP at the very least though. Fingers crossed this worked out for you!
Wouldn't really say well ranked school especially for an MBA but it is a decent school. Newfoundland is not really a popular location to attend school for most students except those in the Maritimes and the job prospects aren't great in the province. Weather can also be pretty brutal. People in the province are great though.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019

Thank you. The main reason I did that because I dont want to lose another 5 points in EE after graduating, I applied in May but no news until now.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Wouldn't really say well ranked school especially for an MBA but it is a decent school. Newfoundland is not really a popular location to attend school for most students except those in the Maritimes and the job prospects aren't great in the province. Weather can also be pretty brutal. People in the province are great though.
You study at MUN too?