+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA (Master of business Administration) from a USA University

alylosan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
scylla said:
Alylosan -

If you are interested in the national banks, you should start looking at the career sections of their web sites now. I believe all of them have career areas on their sites that specifically cover new grads. This will give you an idea of what types of roles might be available and how you can apply. Again, the majority of the roles available will likely be in Toronto.
Thank you scylla for your input. I will take a look at the company's website!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hmmm...

So I guess you'll be setting in Quebec (Montreal?). Fewer opportunities in banking than Toronto - but still decent.

Try the web sites of:

National Bank
TD Bank
Scotiabank
Bank of Montreal
Royal Bank
CIBC

National Bank isn't considered to be one of the "big five" (i.e. the other five are much larger organizations) - but it's the only one headquartered in Montreal rather than Toronto.

Jeksis

Mar 5, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / New York
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2017
IELTS Request
24-08-2017
Med's Done....
26-07-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
@alylosan, please can you update on how you fared with finding a job in Canada with your US MBA credentials. I am in same boat now: have US MBA and many years of US and other foreign work experience. I am looking to find well-paid MBA job in Canada within the coming year.

My intended strategy is to go through my alumni, target US companies operating in Canada, and expand my network to include/find opportunities to network with Canadian MBAs...

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
You have to find a sector where there is a lot of money, like real estate.... where you can get a basic job....like construction, or handyman or something....
Not a lot of people want that, but that's what works..... and pays more money than grocery store or survival jobs ( which are hard to find too).
Booming sectors are also marijuana industry( sounds funny) but it's true....a lot people are working in there and more needed...I believe no canadian experience necessary ( just kidding)...
You not gonna get what you want when you land...right away....
Also during winter, shoveling snow is also pays well ( hard job), unless you have that scooter or snow removal machine.....
Also driving 18 wheeler trucks, also makes good money......
You need to have savings and patience......and if you have family, make sure you have a job.....
Getting a job and losing it and getting another one is very difficult.....
Canada loves to tax and tax you to death, so that you don't have additional money to splurge....or have a good life.....( some may)
Canada needs to build more cities atleast 10 more and see the economic effect and lower prices all over Canada.....
Canada is a darling of the whole world but when it comes to decent jobs and livelihood, it's a big letdown....
Milk in Canada is xpensive, it's like a drug cartel....5-6 bucks for 4 liters.....
How can a family of 4-5 afford to live and survive.... Rents are higher and everything is more, also
The packaging needs to be in French/English....If it was just English.... The prices would be atleast 5%-8% cheaper.
Since they could just import from US. I personally know people who are dual citizens and left Canada for US and having a better life....

Come to Canada for business or to get your citizenship.... and leave.....or to do business in US or Mexico or rest of the Americas.

Canada is not a country for professional jobs for Immigrants....