Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
I just checked my status no update yet. the letter was dated on Dec. 11, 2014 and i received next day , on Dec.12, 2014.

WhiteSpace said:
Hi None,

My application was received May 13, 2014, but I still didn't receive the test letter.
My Office is Montreal as well.

Could you please tell me if your status has changed in CIC website when you login, telling that you have been invited for the test ?

Thanks

WhiteSpace

Dec 4, 2014
none said:
I just checked my status no update yet. the letter was dated on Dec. 11, 2014 and i received next day , on Dec.12, 2014.
Thank you for your answer. Wish you a good luck in the test. :)
I hope I will receive mine soon.

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Nothing yet from the Vancouver office..... :(

BTW, when am I allowed to post links on this forum?

der doppelgänger

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
derdoppelganger said:
Nothing yet from the Vancouver office..... :(

BTW, when am I allowed to post links on this forum?

der doppelgänger
I believe you can post links and add a footer to your post once you have posted 10 messages on this board.

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed the citizenship test today at Scarborough office and got the oath date of Jan 9th :)

I am traveling to India a week after would I still be able to travel with an indian passport or I need to move the oath date?

Thanks

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rm34 said:
I passed the citizenship test today at Scarborough office and got the oath date of Jan 9th :)

I am traveling to India a week after would I still be able to travel with an indian passport or I need to move the oath date?

Thanks
Congratulations rm34 .. Just a quick question my test is next week and I'm studying the discover Canada book ... there are a lot of dates and names of discoverers ,soldiers ,musicians, writers etc ... do they focus on those in the test ?
Appreciate ur help I'm finding it really hard to memorize everything .

Thanks

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
rm34,

The moment you take the oath, you cease to be an Indian citizen, which means your Indian passport is not valid. This is what the Indian consulate's website says:

http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/surrender-certificate-0

It is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967 to apply for an Indian passport, continue to hold an Indian passport, get an Indian passport re-issued or travel on an Indian passport after acquiring foreign citizenship.

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hobbes said:
rm34,

The moment you take the oath, you cease to be an Indian citizen, which means your Indian passport is not valid. This is what the Indian consulate's website says:

http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/surrender-certificate-0

It is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967 to apply for an Indian passport, continue to hold an Indian passport, get an Indian passport re-issued or travel on an Indian passport after acquiring foreign citizenship.
Thanks. I would have to write to local office to move the oath date as have wedding to go to in India.
Do you think there could be issues in moving the oath date?

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
Congratulations rm34 .. Just a quick question my test is next week and I'm studying the discover Canada book ... there are a lot of dates and names of discoverers ,soldiers ,musicians, writers etc ... do they focus on those in the test ?
Appreciate ur help I'm finding it really hard to memorize everything .

Thanks
Thanks.
As long as you read the book couple of times and do some of the practice testa you would be good. Best of luck for your test.

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
KrisinNS said:
I believe you can post links and add a footer to your post once you have posted 10 messages on this board.
So I guess I gotta keep posting..... :p

Thanks,

der doppelgänger

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
rm34 said:
Thanks. I would have to write to local office to move the oath date as have wedding to go to in India.
Do you think there could be issues in moving the oath date?
Please don't do such thing , don't reschedule the oath date or talk to cic about changing anything about it !!! Y didn't read someone on this forum had a training inside canada at the oath date and asked for a reschedule ended up with a RQ instead !!!! So guess what if y tell them y r leaving canada !!! Pls be careful y r not a Canadian citizen yet

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you May 2014.

I will have to reschedule as it is my sister's wedding and I cannot miss it. I had booked my tickets in August. I will end them a copy of my air ticket showing when it was booked and a copy of the wedding card. That should be a good enough reason for CIC.

Even on the Oath letter it says if you cannot make it contact CIC with a valid reason. So I do not think it should be an issue.
What do other fellow members feel?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rm34 said:
Thank you May 2014.

I will have to reschedule as it is my sister's wedding and I cannot miss it. I had booked my tickets in August. I will end them a copy of my air ticket showing when it was booked and a copy of the wedding card. That should be a good enough reason for CIC.

Even on the Oath letter it says if you cannot make it contact CIC with a valid reason. So I do not think it should be an issue.
What do other fellow members feel?
u dont to reschedule ur oath , u can get canadian passport before u travel go to passport canada Apply in person and show them ur ticket u get passport following day