+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May intake - applying tomorrow

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just got my GIC certificate. I will be applying for visa May intake tomorrow . SDS from India.
I have already done my medical...
What's the waiting period these days? I am not planning to defer to sept 2021 and take my chances now. I am very hopeful
Keen to hear your opinion

Cheers

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
I am in the same boat, I applied on 6th April. Waiting times can vary, on the official website it is 11 - 12 weeks, but people are getting ppr's within a month too.
So, it depends on many factors.
By the way for which college you are applying?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
I am in the same boat, I applied on 6th April. Waiting times can vary, on the official website it is 11 - 12 weeks, but people are getting ppr's within a month too.
So, it depends on many factors.
By the way for which college you are applying?
Conestoga. You?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just got my GIC certificate. I will be applying for visa May intake tomorrow . SDS from India.
I have already done my medical...
What's the waiting period these days? I am not planning to defer to sept 2021 and take my chances now. I am very hopeful
Keen to hear your opinion

Cheers
You will need an extraordinary miracle to get your SP in time for May. I read somewhere that IRCC automatically rejects applications submitted within 4 weeks of start of sch session - not sure how true that is though.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
You will need an extraordinary miracle to get your SP in time for May. I read somewhere that IRCC automatically rejects applications submitted within 4 weeks of start of sch session - not sure how true that is though.
But it's not 4 weeks yet. Course only begins end of May :) Plus I plan to leave for Canada only by July...

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
I think a consultant will tell better about this. And how do we calculate time, when our application is filed or biometrics date?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I think a consultant will tell better about this. And how do we calculate time, when our application is filed or biometrics date?
The processing time given by IRCC starts from the day your biometric is complete (completed application). it says so right there on there website..

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So your program starts in May and you traveling in June, does not make sense. And you have more chance of winning the lottery than getting your study permit in one month

Reactions: Anxiousforvisa

LDB123

Apr 6, 2021
I am still waiting for a study permit and I do understand that to start the course I need to have a study permit.
My question is if I get my letter of introduction in the first or second week of May and not able to fly to Canada in time for the first day (May 17th), would I be able to start my course online and fly to Canada as soon as possible?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Try my luck, buddy ;) I am known for my magic. You can call me a Witch ;)

So your program starts in May and you traveling in June, does not make sense. And you have more chance of winning the lottery than getting your study permit in one month

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
I am still waiting for a study permit and I do understand that to start the course I need to have a study permit.
My question is if I get my letter of introduction in the first or second week of May and not able to fly to Canada in time for the first day (May 17th), would I be able to start my course online and fly to Canada as soon as possible?
Depends if your program can be taken online, your college may require you to be present in-person so you will have to defer

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Guys,

I uploaded only transcript and degree certificate of my BE - SDS India. I applied by myself and documents list on CIC asked for only recent education transcript. Is it okay ? Any one got visa with only transcript and degree certificate for SDS ?