+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May intake 2023 sds still waiting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course u can, can't hurt , right ? Tell them in concise your whole case and how your application is stuck way past the official processing time. Also mention your application details like the various nos in the email and hope something good comes out of it.
No you can’t just contact any MP. The MP works for their constituents not everyone in the world. MPs also don’t have the ability to get files processed faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Got it. Include no's like application number, UCI numbers?
You shouldn’t be contacting MPs unless you are living in Canada and usually are one of the MP’s constituents. On top of that they don’t have the power to have your application processed faster especially if your application has similar processing times than others. Given the strike and how close it is to May I would be speaking to your school about the possibility of deferral to Fall.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @trkm93 Thanks for your reply! How is it going with your application? :)

What do you mean by the Tracker getting updated on 19 April? Was there a scheduled technical update?

Hope you get your decision soon without any help from MP needed!

About update on 19th April, the tracker itself got updated so definitely everyone got updates. Though there will be difference in statuses.. like for myself and my wife our biometric was in progress, eligibility not started medical passed and BGC in progress.. all got updated after 19th April update.
BGC still in progress but other 3 for both of us changed to completed. Eligibility was shock for me as it got updated directly from not started to Completed.
I am hoping the same what you're saying is true about eligibility I just can't wait to get our PPR

About Emailing MP, no I didn't do it I thought to wait for a couple of weeks first.

This 21st April update is weird to me cause I never sent any documents but looks like they are working on my application. Hoping to see some updates in coming week.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hey @trkm93 Thanks for your reply! How is it going with your application? :)

What do you mean by the Tracker getting updated on 19 April? Was there a scheduled technical update?

Hope you get your decision soon without any help from MP needed!
Looks like it, previously the last updated date on tracker was 20th March, so I figured if its monthly update we should see something in April which actually happened we saw updates on 19th April.

But then under history I see on the 21st there's update that we received your documents even though I didn't send.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @trkm93 Yeah, it definitely looks like it then cause my Medical was updates on March 20 exactly and then this strange April 19 update. Oh, well, then I have nothing else to believe in. Our applications are just stuck indefinitely.

Looks like it, previously the last updated date on tracker was 20th March, so I figured if its monthly update we should see something in April which actually happened we saw updates on 19th April.

But then under history I see on the 21st there's update that we received your documents even though I didn't send.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Proldsport! Any updates on your application?

QUOTE="Proldsport, post: 10420093, member: 1134334"]
Same here, Waiting for PPR for May intake
[/QUOTE]

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey everyone, any updates, guys? It's getting really gloomy beyond 13 weeks of waiting. We're in need for some great updates and news! :)

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Proldsport! Congratulations to you! :) It's a great news!

Yes, 11-10 weeks not a bad timeline! Thank you for sharing! Did you send any webforms or contact the IRCC in any other way? If yes, do you think that helped the process?

Hey all, Received PPR request on 11th May after 79 days of long wait.
Note: My application was in review for more than two months.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Proldsport

Apr 4, 2023
Hey @Proldsport! Congratulations to you! :) It's a great news!

Yes, 11-10 weeks not a bad timeline! Thank you for sharing! Did you send any webforms or contact the IRCC in any other way? If yes, do you think that helped the process?

Hey all, Received PPR request on 11th May after 79 days of long wait.
Note: My application was in review for more than two months.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I was really hoping for MAY intake and it was a roller coaster ride with college and IRCC. Finally, on 9th May we took deferral from college and on 11th May got PPR request from IRCC.
I did raise 3 webforms and they were updated in IRCC tracker but I do not think they are not that effective, So I took the help of one my of friend's friend 's help to raise MP inquiry. MP took around 15 days (reminder mail sent after 10days) to respond back after sending the consent form. After receiving that MP response received a PPR request in 3 days.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @trkm93! How have you been doing? I hope your application has not gotten over 30 weeks of processing time! Have you had any updates on your application? Maybe try an MP route as @Proldsport suggests? :)

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Proldsport! :) Sorry for such a late response here! You and @gurleensuri rock guys with your MP moves! Thumbs up to you guys! Yes, I also do not have much faith in webforms, but I am going to follow in your footsteps and try to find out if I can approach an MP in Canada. Thank you so much for sharing your story and for your help! I really hope for the best! Good luck to you! :)

Thank you! I was really hoping for MAY intake and it was a roller coaster ride with college and IRCC. Finally, on 9th May we took deferral from college and on 11th May got PPR request from IRCC.
I did raise 3 webforms and they were updated in IRCC tracker but I do not think they are not that effective, So I took the help of one my of friend's friend 's help to raise MP inquiry. MP took around 15 days (reminder mail sent after 10days) to respond back after sending the consent form. After receiving that MP response received a PPR request in 3 days.
[/QUOTE]

oximoron

Jun 1, 2023
[/QUOTE]

Hello! Can I ask so then your friends from Canada contacted their MP to look up your case? Does the MP have to be from the same province you intend to get your study permit from? And your friends were residents or citizens?

Jun 9, 2023
Going through the same situation... Applied for deferment from college and got approved for sep intake. My application status is showing as under background check. Dont know what happened to my application. I applied on Feb 4 and biometric got approved on Feb 9. Still waiting