+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May I land in BC

chefchopra7

Star Member
Apr 7, 2009
Hello friends

I am back in India and need advise specially from senioer memebers

I landed under Alberta Ainp and got my PR Card.
My arm got fractured as I slipped on ice while my stay in Alberta .After spending couple of months and filing my return .
I left Canada to bring my family from my country of origin.
My querry here is : May I land and choose to live in BC . since my dependants will be landing first time: Is it mandatory that they have to land & live in Alberta first.

best wishes
chefchopra

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefchopra7 said:
Hello friends

My arm got fractured as I slipped on ice while my stay in Alberta .After spending couple of months and filing my return .
My querry here is : May I land and choose to live in BC . since my dependants will be landing first time: Is it mandatory that they have to land & live in Alberta first.

best wishes
chefchopra
It is hard to give advice but what's wrong with Alberta? Why BC?

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Is this because you think its a bad sign that you got fractured in Alberta ?

Not sure if you would later have difficulties getting your citizenship if you chose to live in BC.

chefchopra7 said:
Hello friends

best wishes
chefchopra

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you or any of your family move out of alberta and settled eslewhere in canada, it will raise questions on your citizenship and your sponsor in your AINP will not be able sponsor anyone else. He will be blacklisted to sponsor anyone.

It wont be taken against you but will surely be taken against on your sponsor. Furthermore, questions from govt in your settlement province and employers might take that against you.

Goodluck!

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefchopra7 said:
Because Alberta is epic centre of race & discrimination.

c/c
Got you. Since you just arrived from New delhi and you have heavy indian accent so chances are more to get discriminated. While you will write a cover letter to get a job it will be like a New delhi style letter starting with letters like: "Most respectfully, I beg to say.......... If you are an IT professional then you will speak like Data reside in trichrupally..., If you are chef of a Hotel then you may call "Okra" as "Lady finger" and then Hotel owner will immediately fire you because calling Okra "lady finger" may cost Hotel Owner permanent departure of customers. But would love to listen about discrimination in Alberta. please post your real experience and remember a lot of people misguide newly arrived immigrant to either leave place or go back to home country. I hope you are not misguided, brainwashed by your land-lord or so called "Indian Guy met in the Train"
Discrimination also certifies that place have some real opportunities so don't give up, go after it and you will get it. You travelled 20,000 Miles to build your fortune NOT to listen what few rednecks says or early arrived immigrants say. Just be in Alberta for fight, resist for opportunities, business, good jobs, learn oil technology, increase social network, sign up for linkedin-facebook, start with dish washing, toilet cleaning, learn the local things-culture-slangs, change name to Bob, Tom, Peter, and see you will make it. If nothing works then finally get a blanket and start sitting at door of 10025 Jasper Avenue in Edmonton and put sign board saying "STOP ALBERTA IMMIGRATION" "STOP PLAYING WITH IMMIGRANTS" "NAZI PNP PROGRAM" "STOP PROVINCIAL NOMINATION" who knows you may enter in politics after this kind of procession. From 7-Eleven job to Alberta Governer position.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chill the f*** out of this Alberta fever. Just live wherever you want but before that make some effort to settle in AB and try to document those efforts and then you are free bird. Have all those emails printed where you got rejecction from Alberta employers about job, have all emails printed where you made many efforts to get a job in AB atleast dozen effort. Have all those email printed where you got a job in another province and live with full confidence anywhere.
Few days ago I posted a slavery video in other thread and people didn't like it. Again you are not going in any specific plantation for a specifc master. You are a canadian immigrant and migrating to Canada.