+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May applications for TRV

avinashre

May 28, 2018
Hi All,

I am applying visitor visa for my parents.They are applying online for visitor visa.I am PR holder of Canada.

While applying online, we got below document checklist from cic site -

• (IMM5257)
  • Family Information IMM5707
  • Travel history
  • Passport
  • IMM5713 - Family member representative
  • Marriage certificate
  • Digital Photo
  • Schedule 1 (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information

We did not get any link for financial support document upload. Do we need to upload financial documents for parents in "Client Information" with invitation letter ?

They have valid USA visa and traveled to USA on 2015 year for 1 month. Will they eligible for CAN+ program?

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am applying visitor visa for my parents.They are applying online for visitor visa.I am PR holder of Canada.

While applying online, we got below document checklist from cic site -

• (IMM5257)
  • Travel history
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate
  • Digital Photo
  • Schedule 1 (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information

We did not get any link for financial support document upload. Do we need to upload financial documents for parents in "Client Information" with invitation letter ?

They have valid USA visa and traveled to USA on 2015 year for 1 month. Will they eligible for CAN+ program?
Did you create profile online and checked the list of documents required to be uploaded? If you are referring to document checklist which is separately available then it has insurance and other stuff as well. Best would be to check the documents to be uploaded for submission in the application/profile, there you have Proof of Means of Financial Support.

They will be automatically considered for CAN+

Last edited:

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a Visitor Acknowledgement Letter today after 14 days of applying online (AOR received- 14/May). The email is from New Delhi and has the below-

"Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application. We have received your application and it is currently in process.
...."

I thought it would be like something we are having a lot of applications and your application is in process.
Eligibility still remains at we will send you a message once we start the review.

avinashre

May 28, 2018
Thanks r_mittal86 for your reply.

Yes, I applied online and when logged-in to cic site with that profile, it shows only below document list.There is no document upload for finance or insurance like that.So do we need to upload in "Client information" link or we do not need to upload finance document for parents?

• (IMM5257)
  • Travel history
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate
  • Digital Photo
  • Schedule 1 (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks r_mittal86 for your reply.

Yes, I applied online and when logged-in to cic site with that profile, it shows only below document list.There is no document upload for finance or insurance like that.So do we need to upload in "Client information" link or we do not need to upload finance document for parents?

• (IMM5257)
  • Travel history
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate
  • Digital Photo
  • Schedule 1 (IMM 5257)
  • Client Information
In that case provide proof of finance in client information. Dont make the mistake of not uploading the document as its a crucial one.

Tip- 1. Get different proof of funds for your mother and father, there have been instances where people provide only one joint proof of funds and CIC ends up considering it only for one applicant and visa for other applicant is not approved, exceptions may be there e.g. in case of joint business owners.

2. I see you are a Canadian PR thus dont provide your Canadian bank statement or NOA as you dont want to show CIC a reason of strong Canadian ties; just provide your employment letter with salary mentioned on it.

Last edited:

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
I got a Visitor Acknowledgement Letter today after 14 days of applying online (AOR received- 14/May). The email is from New Delhi and has the below-

"Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application. We have received your application and it is currently in process.
...."

I thought it would be like something we are having a lot of applications and your application is in process.
Eligibility still remains at we will send you a message once we start the review.
I also got a similar email. I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got a similar email. I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
May be they will start eligibility review soon. What was your eligibility review status?
for me it was - we will send you message once we start review of your eligibility.

Jaypoy26

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Applied on May 01 for me and my mom on a separate application on same CIC account.

We both received the same standard response of application transmission and application update.

May 14, 2018

My mother's application was approved. Mine is still in progress.

May 21, 2018
Sent a Case-Specific inquiry on the status of visa application and received the generic response of "the application is in progress, we appreciate your patience"

May 29, 2018
Mom submitted her passport at VFS. She emailed embassy re my application.

May 30, 2018
The embassy answered regarding the Data Privacy and refused to answer my mother's queries regarding the application.

Contacted my relative sponsor in Canada to help me in reaching the local MP for updates.

Opened my CIC account and saw that both of our application was updated. Opened my mom's application and shows the same approved message. And mine is still in progress but shows updated.

Tomorrow is the 30th day of my application and still got no result.

Applied online (Manila, Philippines)
Processing Time posted on CIC: 13 DAYS