+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May applications for TRV

amandeep_71

May 30, 2018
Hi members!!!
thank u all for the posts which helped me thru the waiting process,though i registered myself today.
applied for myself & wife thru separate paper applications at delhi VFS . Have US Travel History valid visas;also notarized invitaion from cousin in canada . Time line:
applid : 14th may paper applications
recd confirmation mail: 17th may
linked our applications: to gc key 17th may evening.. NO Activity till 25th may 2pm
reviewing process: 25th may evening ( from 'submitted' to 'update')
approval: 29th may evening; for both of us ;uptil passport validity
Few pointers :
* if applied thru an agent; always ask for receipt (whatsapp will do too.)
* receipt has yr File Trackingumberno for correspondence., place from where the application was lodged
*fees paid amount; also fees for courier delivery; ; return address for passport after visa etc. where i am going to pick u( ours mentioned :bluedart AWB no. and delivery address;where i am going to pick up our passports
you should receive an email shows your application number & UIC no.
* create your GC key & Try to link your application n with gc account

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
u will need to type 4 security questions ;write answer somewhere or memorize..everytime you log in ; u will be asked for one of the 4 questions

** To link application :TRy different combinations offered in the website; eg passport no. & DOB; UIC Number & application number etc.mentioned in the "link your application section"
BE PATIENT... some or the other combination will work
*once file is linked ;the status will show SUBMITTED Messages: NONE
if their is activity on your file: status : UPDATE; click the file;once u open it it will go back to submitted:but surely some change ,always read above message eg your file is being reviewed; final decision has been made.will also show if they require any docs etc.
*** If the visa has been approved (like in our case); it shows decision as approved; visa number , commencement & expiry date, passport no.
THIS Is above the message section of the application no.
keep checking Gckey ; their email/sms service is quite erratic
So no waiting for passport delivery to know the status before your application
check The delivery address on the Receipt;you will know if the passport is being delivered to your address or agents or pickup etc.
Wish u all the luck with your visas .. God Bless

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members!!!
thank u all for the posts which helped me thru the waiting process,though i registered myself today.
applied for myself & wife thru separate paper applications at delhi VFS . Have US Travel History valid visas;also notarized invitaion from cousin in canada . Time line:
linked our applications: to gc key 17th may evening.. NO Activity till 25th may 2pm
Few pointers :
* receipt has yr File Trackingumberno for correspondence., place from where the application was lodged
*fees paid amount; also fees for courier delivery; ; return address for passport after visa etc. where i am going to pick u( ours mentioned :bluedart AWB no. and delivery address;where i am going to pick up our passports

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
u will need to type 4 security questions ;write answer somewhere or memorize..everytime you log in ; u will be asked for one of the 4 questions

** To link application :TRy different combinations offered in the website; eg passport no. & DOB; UIC Number & application number etc.mentioned in the "link your application section"
if their is activity on your file: status : UPDATE; click the file;once u open it it will go back to submitted:but surely some change ,always read above message eg your file is being reviewed; final decision has been made.will also show if they require any docs etc.
*** If the visa has been approved (like in our case); it shows decision as approved; visa number , commencement & expiry date, passport no.
check The delivery address on the Receipt;you will know if the passport is being delivered to your address or agents or pickup etc.
congrats for your visa

khanim

May 3, 2018
Hi members!!!
Few pointers :

Is it necessary to link my paper application with online account? Is it necessary to create an online account at CIC ? If I do not create an account , the updates will still be sent to my email id ..right ?

Zee1995

May 14, 2018
Applied online by myself for mom and sister to attend my convocation ceremony.
(Both)March 6:- Applied
(Both)April 6:- Reffused

Reapplied through a travel agent offline (paper base) application.
(Both)May 01:- Reapplied
(Sister)May 31:- Refused(got email stating but status shows under process at vfs)
(Mom)May31:- got status as vfs requires additional documents...(waiting for their mail response so i can know which additional documents are needed)
After couple hours it changes to :-
Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 31/05/2018 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.
Communication regarding your visa application has been received in a sealed envelope from the Consulate. Please contact the Visa Application Centre from where you have lodged your application.

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Is it necessary to link my paper application with online account? Is it necessary to create an online account at CIC ? If I do not create an account , the updates will still be sent to my email id ..right ?
it's not neccessary

Reactions: khanim

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi members!!!
Few pointers :

I am trying to link my brothers app to cic but I cant

do we need to choose temp residence visa -> visitor record or temp residence visa ?

please advise!!

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi members!!!
Few pointers :

Congratssss!!!!!!!!

Wal_Abeche

Sep 2, 2015
Hello,

My little sister TRV application just got approved.

Here's her timeline:

April 13th: Submitted her TRV application with my Mom's.
April 30th: Her application was refused (Mom got approved)
May 16th: Re-applied for a TRV
May 31th: Received approval and PPR

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Here's her timeline:

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
congrats.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

Here's her timeline:

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
Congrats!!!!!

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For my application, it seems the VO is sleeping on it. eligibility still remains- we will send you a message once we start the review.

who knows how many days they take from eligibility in process to decision.

kora

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
For my application, it seems the VO is sleeping on it. eligibility still remains- we will send you a message once we start the review.

who knows how many days they take from eligibility in process to decision.
when did u apply ?