+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May applications for TRV

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically, she should have reapplied i.e. new application with new, additional documents. So, it is not a review as such. Anyways. All is well that ends well :)
I call it a reconsideration as we havent made another application.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When new documents are submitted, it is no longer the same previous application
Ok you can be happy considering it a reapplication. For me simple thing is unless you pay a new fees and fill the form again its not another application, that is how Canadians think.

Moreover application number is same.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok you can be happy considering it a reapplication. For me simple thing is unless you pay a new fees and fill the form again its not another application, that is how Canadians think.

Moreover application number is same.
You didn't pay any new fees. Fine. You didn't reapply. Fine. Maybe you had an agent who requested this "reconsideration". But, other refusal applicants will be mistaken that this "reconsideration" is possible by simply submitting new documents without reapplying. Anyways. It's done, it's done. Good for you!

Reactions: Manpreet_2233

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You didn't pay any new fees. Fine. You didn't reapply. Fine. Maybe you had an agent who requested this "reconsideration". But, other refusal applicants will be mistaken that this "reconsideration" is possible by simply submitting new documents without reapplying. Anyways. It's done, it's done. Good for you!
1. There was no agent involved, it was self managed application.
2. Yes you can submit documents without reapplying that is what I did, do it properly and CIC opens your case (my own PR case was refused and was opened with additional document; so I have seen 2 cases one PR and one TRV where this has worked but the trick is how you do it)
3. Yes its good, good for me and my applications which have been approved using a proper methodology of reconsideration.

PS- it was not an appeal (legal way to challenge the decision)

mandeepsidhu

Apr 28, 2015
Applied at Jalandhar VFS on 29th May 2018

Sponsor: Aunt (mother’s sister) for Grandparents(mother’s parents) wedding anniversary.

Got called for interview on 21 June 2018. Visa Officer said she called me because I had previous refusals.

She interviewed me at New Delhi and she said she is satisfied that I am genuine applicant and I will get a notification soon and my passport next week. Fingers crossed!

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied at Jalandhar VFS on 29th May 2018

Sponsor: Aunt (mother’s sister) for Grandparents(mother’s parents) wedding anniversary.

Got called for interview on 21 June 2018. Visa Officer said she called me because I had previous refusals.

She interviewed me at New Delhi and she said she is satisfied that I am genuine applicant and I will get a notification soon and my passport next week. Fingers crossed!
congrats, hopefully it happens early next week.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. There was no agent involved, it was self managed application.
2. Yes you can submit documents without reapplying that is what I did, do it properly and CIC opens your case (my own PR case was refused and was opened with additional document; so I have seen 2 cases one PR and one TRV where this has worked but the trick is how you do it)
3. Yes its good, good for me and my applications which have been approved using a proper methodology of reconsideration.

PS- it was not an appeal (legal way to challenge the decision)
Only some immigration streams explicitly allow for reconsideration if the PR application is refused. For example, OINP or in-Canada FSW applications.

I was most certainly not referring to a Judicial Review in a Federal Court (i.e. an appeal).

Visa officers have the discretion to accept or refuse a request for reconsideration. By asking for a reconsideration, the applicant must be able to prove that the visa officer has overlooked or made a mistake due to oversight. There are no tricks and rocket science that guarantee a reconsideration nor an approval after a reconsideration. If this was the case, TRV refusal applicants would have saved their money, time and stress by applying for such reconsideration instead of reapplying from scratch + the refusal letter would not explicitly state that the refused applicant is welcome to reapply when there is a significant change in his/her circumstances

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only some immigration streams explicitly allow for reconsideration if the PR application is refused. For example, OINP or in-Canada FSW applications.

I was most certainly not referring to a Judicial Review in a Federal Court (i.e. an appeal).

Visa officers have the discretion to accept or refuse a request for reconsideration. By asking for a reconsideration, the applicant must be able to prove that the visa officer has overlooked or made a mistake due to oversight. There are no tricks and rocket science that guarantee a reconsideration nor an approval after a reconsideration. If this was the case, TRV refusal applicants would have saved their money, time and stress by applying for such reconsideration instead of reapplying from scratch + the refusal letter would not explicitly state that the refused applicant is welcome to reapply when there is a significant change in his/her circumstances
I can only do limited to help with your thoughts. I completely agree that visa officers have the discretion but I have provided something which was not previously there so not a matter of over looking.

I would end this conversation by just giving you one additional info about my application. My PR application was outside Canada FSW.

Upto you what you want to advise to others, but I can only share what happened with me. have a good weekend ahead.

Cheers.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would end this conversation by just giving you one additional info about my application. My PR application was outside Canada FSW.
I did NOT say that reconsideration was 'limited' to OINP or to in-Canada FSW, did I?

There is more to this than what you've told us about your MIL's application or even your PR application, but let's just leave it at that.

Upto you what you want to advise to others, but I can only share what happened with me. have a good weekend ahead.
I don't like to indulge in arguments that lack substance and which are going nowhere. I wish you a good weekend too

Cheers

Reactions: Zigzag85

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
I did NOT say that reconsideration was 'limited' to OINP or to in-Canada FSW, did I?

There is more to this than what you've told us about your MIL's application or even your PR application, but let's just leave it at that.

I don't like to indulge in arguments that lack substance and which are going nowhere. I wish you a good weekend too

Cheers
I’ve lost around 250 calories reading posts on this thread in the last 30 minutes.

Reactions: Manpreet_2233

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
you should be thankful that you are working out while reading posts :p
Oh very true I need another 1000 calories :) but not by reading anymore arguments.. I believe everyone has a unique application and if something worked for you it might not work for me.
Congrats on your TRV and PR :)