+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Varun500

Sep 7, 2017
It was very weird. They asked to write a letter explainning all my activies in the last 10 years. In this timeframe I had 3 different adresses. I had more than 30 trips abroad, lived in the US, Brazil. It was kind of fussy.
Did u miss to declare all activities in the personal history or its just that u declared and they want some proofs for the same....i think they may need these additional docs just for a few crosschecks and at end it will all bw good...all the best mate.

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hey folks,

sorry If I am going to kill your mood

FSW Inland

My application got "REJECTED"

because I didn't provide enough fund (12300$)

Actually, I submitted an unskilled job employment letter for POF but they didn't consider it for POF and

they thought I am claiming points for that unskilled job

I applied with an experience letter from India as a chemical engineer

any chance I can appeal?

Feels bad man...

I am sad to hear that! Don't give up!

That's a very tricky situation, but as far as I know, you're only able to appeal if you either identify a mistake they've made or if you change the present situation.
If you have any recent GCMS notes, try analyzing them very carefully.
Otherwise, if they state clearly the reasons for refusal (e.g.: Didn't accept your intention of proof of funds), as far as I'm concerned the only option is proving funds.

At the end of the day, I believe you'll need new GCMS notes (if you don't have any recent ones) and if they don't shed some light then it's time to some legal assistance.
Moreover, you'll always have the option of re-applying with all the documents as the last resort.

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi Guys, @andy108

I am really starting to worry. not sure if i should do something or just wait.

AOR 9th of June
Medical passed 8th if july
BG Check NA since then no change.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

are there any other people with the same timelines and are in this case as well?

Thank you.

jackappan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Hi Guys, @andy108

I am really starting to worry. not sure if i should do something or just wait.

AOR 9th of June
Medical passed 8th if july
BG Check NA since then no change.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

are there any other people with the same timelines and are in this case as well?

Thank you.
lot of people. my aor is 23 may. i am worried like you . They asked for my RCMP police certificate last month. Thats the only comfort i have for now. But still its nerve cracking.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Guys thanks for your all support! I need one last help. I got ppr yesterday along with my wife. She is in India so she will complete her process in India. I just want to know which documents she need to get before go at VFS office. It’s conformation of mail, pics and passport only, right ?

Kapilbehl116

Aug 28, 2017
Guys thanks for your all support! I need one last help. I got ppr yesterday along with my wife. She is in India so she will complete her process in India. I just want to know which documents she need to get before go at VFS office. It’s conformation of mail, pics and passport only, right ?
Wow congratulations!!! Yes she need to carry mail copy, passport & photos.

Pls share ur timeline, category & visa office.

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hi Guys, To God be the Glory, I finally received PPR yesterday the 26th on the 140th day since my AOR (timeline in my signature), I would have posted sooner but something terrible happened to me on Monday, which I've been trying to deal with and hasn't even allowed me celebrate as I should have.

I received an email at 11.04am that I have a new message in my CIC account, I logged on and saw it was the passport request letter giving me 15 days to submit. One page of the letter asks for my height, eye colour etc.

This has been a very difficult, anxiety filled and stressful wait, and I am greatly relieved and glad that it is finally over!

Thank you so much fellow forum members for the knowledge sharing, support and encouragement!

I know the wait is very unpleasant and stressful, I won't be patronising and say oh just relax, don't stress or worry and don't check your CIC account and email multiple times a day, when not long ago I know I also couldn't stop myself from doing just that.

I know how agonising the weeks/months of not knowing and being in limbo are and how sad I felt sometimes, so I very sincerely hope for everyone that this anxiety filled wait comes to a quick and positive end for all of you.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I'd be happy to answer and help where I can. You can private message me if I don't see your question in the thread.

P.S> my additional document status did not change again and still remains at "being reviewed" also my background check still shows "we are processing your background check".

God bless you all, Good luck!!!

Preety245

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Ok, I see. If criminality and security are passed, the call agent probably meant the review by the visa officer who has a final say.

may be
although the call agent was really nice and was really showing some happy feeling while saying that it seem all good , still couldn't say anything directly right. so i asked him is my file is at final stage, he said yes kind of and if necessary officer will contact you ..

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi Guys, To God be the Glory, I finally received PPR yesterday the 26th on the 140th day since my AOR (timeline in my signature), I would have posted sooner but something terrible happened to me on Monday, which I've been trying to deal with and hasn't even allowed me celebrate as I should have.

I received an email at 11.04am that I have a new message in my CIC account, I logged on and saw it was the passport request letter giving me 15 days to submit. One page of the letter asks for my height, eye colour etc.

This has been a very difficult, anxiety filled and stressful wait, and I am greatly relieved and glad that it is finally over!

Thank you so much fellow forum members for the knowledge sharing, support and encouragement!

I know the wait is very unpleasant and stressful, I won't be patronising and say oh just relax, don't stress or worry and don't check your CIC account and email multiple times a day, when not long ago I know I also couldn't stop myself from doing just that.

I know how agonising the weeks/months of not knowing and being in limbo are and how sad I felt sometimes, so I very sincerely hope for everyone that this anxiety filled wait comes to a quick and positive end for all of you.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I'd be happy to answer and help where I can. You can private message me if I don't see your question in the thread.

P.S> my additional document status did not change again and still remains at "being reviewed" also my background check still shows "we are processing your background check".

Congratulations :)
For how many days your BG was on N/A ?? And when did it change to IP2 ??

Reactions: hope_faith

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
I emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa. And they sent me this reply. It's look like if we are under processing time then they do not want us to send email for status update inquiry.

I wonder some of us in forum got positive reply even though there were under processing time and I got this reply.

"
Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.
"

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
I email CIC today and got this reply.
May 18 AOR, Aug 1st Medicals Passed and no update after.

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

An officer will contact you if further information is required.
HI, I have emailed them and got the same reply.

I wonder why some applicant getting positive reply from CIC like saying that your file approved.

Anyways, let's wait for PPR.

Kapilbehl116

Aug 28, 2017

Pls share ur timeline and congratulations

Reactions: hope_faith

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other

Heartiest Congratulations dear!!!:):):)
Enjoy your moment!

P.S- You were at London visa office I presume...