Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi ,
THanks for your reply at the thread.. 1 more thing i want to discuss with you is that I got a phd offer from china.. I have to be there before 20th of this month.. But family would stay in my home country i.e Pakistan.
I will inform cic about the new address after arriving in China.. most probably i will get ppr when i will be in china , so how and where will i submitt my passport and where my family will submit them??If you can guide me please
HI :)
There are 3 options:

1) Upon receiving PPR, you can raise a CSE (case specific enquiry) to CIC in which you tell them about your situation (the principal applicant - you, and dependants live in different countries) and ask them to re-route your dependant's PPR to the visa office that is closest to his/her address (local visa office in Pakistan).

2) You take your dependants' passports with you to China. In this case your dependants have to write letters (dated, with a signature) saying that they agree that you carry their passports, the reason etc. So, in case, CIC asks you about it, you will have a proof that you are not illegaly carrying someone elses' passports.

3) Your dependants can directly courier their passports to you. Please mind the fact that it is illegal to send passports with mail, unless you work in Embassy. However, a lot of people do it, for example when sending with DHL, or FEDEX you just state that you are sending documents, not passports. - This is very risky, because if the customs catches you on it, you are in trouble.

I personally would go with a first one - the safest one.

Hope I helped! :)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
The only update I saw was, 3 weeks ago, I see updated on my profile but there was nothing ... and this weekend I see "We do not need additional docs " change from additional documents you provided are being reviewed,

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
The only update I saw was, 3 weeks ago, I see updated on my profile but there was nothing ... and this weekend I see "We do not need additional docs " change from additional documents you provided are being reviewed,
You got a ghost email. That's a good sign - things are moving :) I think that you are one of those applicants who will receive PPR straight after N/A without further changes :)

Reactions: srujju

Canicule

Jun 29, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hey guys,
AOR - 5th May
Medical passed- 27th Aug
Now at NA2

Give me some hope here. Anybody at the same stage?
I wouldn't worry) in my case I never seen n/a it was application in process until 3days befor ppr. So you never know)
I think Its a good month for all May applicants;)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
You got a ghost email. That's a good sign - things are moving :) I think that you are one of those applicants who will receive PPR straight after N/A without further changes :)
Thank you :) all the best to you too, I see your timeline in your signature. Hope CEC inland-ers get some news soon. It has been very slow lately.

Reactions: IrenaIrena

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I'm FSW Outland.

Reason for the delay is beyond my understanding.
There is no delay :) you're within a normal processing timeframe (6 months).
Every case is different, and there are many factors that influence the processing speed of every application, so the fact that some people have already got their PPR doesnt really mean anything. One can get it in 19 days, another in 6 months. It all varies.

No need to worry, you will get it in a few weeks or maybe even earlier ;)

Reactions: Samoinp and srujju

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
hi guys
i have been following this forum since i applied for pr so today i finally got my ppr.
so here is the timeline
AOR 1 MAY 2017
MEDICAL PASSED 1 JULY 2017
BACKGROUND CHANGED TO NA LAST WEEK AND YESTERDAY IT CHANGED TO AGAIN IN PROCESS
TODAY I GOT THE EMAIL FOR PPR IN MY REGULAR EMAIL
now i am just waiting to get the message in mycic account .
Thanks

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Typical for a May CECinlander:
It is been September 12th...the waiting was ON and ON! Some were able to get through (CONGRATS TO ALL PPRS:)..........but some were waiting..desperate for updates..:eek:o_Oo_Oo_O
(Aor: May 18)

Sep 28, 2015
When was your medical passed and is this the first changed in your background status ,before this was it like .your app. In progress we will send u message when we start ur background check,let me know vere i am in same situation , thnx no change after meeical passed.

Hello,

Medical was updated on 4th Aug. Since then it was showing "We are processing your application, we will send you message when we start your BG check" but today it changed to "We are processing your background check"

WaytogoAmy

Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
04-05-2107
I got a request about my husband's military service details. I wonder does this mean that I'm under the security check(After eligibility)?
I heard time frame of this stage is beyond the control of CIC so it wouldn't be able to predict when it is going to be ended.

I'm CEC inland and 4th of May AOR. my BG is "We are processing~" I've crossed 4months.
Has anyone ever experienced like this?

Thank you in advance.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I got a request about my husband's military service details. I wonder does this mean that I'm under the security check(After eligibility)?
I heard time frame of this stage is beyond the control of CIC so it wouldn't be able to predict when it is going to be ended.

I'm CEC inland and 4th of May AOR. my BG is "We are processing~" I've crossed 4months.
Has anyone ever experienced like this?

Thank you in advance.
Yes, CIC might request additional documents on your governmental job (if you had one), or on military service (like in your case), while checking Security. You are in a final stage now :)