Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hi,
My medical status still shows that it is being reviewed. It's been a month now. My background check is also in progress now.
Thank you for replying. I was hoping you had it updated already.
Update: I just saw your latest message, now you know why it was changed. BTW Congrats on the baby :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nazirhussain_k

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
There are a couple of reasons that might have your Medical Status be changed from "Passed" to "We are reviewing your medical results":
1. If your medical exam expires in 1-2 months, CIC might request you to re-take your exam (if you're an Outland applicant), or they might extend it (if you're an Inland applicant);
2. If you added a new dependent in your application (i.e. a newborn);
3. The officer might be going through a final review of your application and thus changes all of your statuses on your CIC account again.

Either way, since your Medicals have been passed already, there is not much to worry about :)
Thank you for your detailed response!!
We are inland applicants, I'm the principal applicant and my medicals will expire in April 2018. However, for my husband (dependent) we used the same medicals he had for his open work permit and they will expire in October 2017.
I was also thinking it might be reason #3, that they are reviewing the whole application. I just hope they do something soon either ask for new medicals for my husband or send the ppr email (let's hope is the latter *fingers crossed*)

Last edited:

JJJ123

Aug 4, 2017
***PPR received today****
AOR- May 15th, 2017
CEC Inland
Med Passed-28th July
No changes till today morning, I sent an email to CPC Ottawa asking for a status update around 9 AM EST, got a reply from them around 12:30 PM saying my application has been approved. Then my status changed to we are processing (IP2), and by 7 PM EST got the PPR email.
:):):)
What was your status before sending email to Ottawa? NA2 or IP1?

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys,
I got my AOR on 18 May..On june 28 i was allotted Uci and medical exam cleared...Now the status is as follows,
Application status : We are processing your application
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria.
Review of additional docs: Additional docs you provided are being reviewed
Background Check: not applicable
Interview: Not applicable at the moment
Biometrics: Not applicable
Final decision: Your application is in process.
and also i emailed ottawa office and they said my file is at LONDON VISA OFFICE. if anybody can guide me with the current status of my application process and how much more time will it need for final outcome or for the next step?.
I am FSW outlander
thanks alot

Last edited:

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am glad to inform you all that I got my "Ready for Visa" email yesterday --> PR approved!!

My timeline is in my signature. I cant tell when did my status change in the interim up to the PPR email as I didnt keep a tab on my profile as regularly. Please note, my profile still reads as it used to before the PPR email:

"
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
"

Well, good luck to all !

Cheers,
Varun

Singh32145

Aug 31, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am glad to inform you all that I got my "Ready for Visa" email yesterday --> PR approved!!

My timeline is in my signature. I cant tell when did my status change in the interim up to the PPR email as I didnt keep a tab on my profile as regularly. Please note, my profile still reads as it used to before the PPR email:

"
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
"

Well, good luck to all !

Cheers,
Varun
Congrats bro

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi I just got an update, see if it helps anyone, and if anyone can tell me what is coming next approx time? Thanks

May 6th 2017 AOR

July 18th MED Approv RCMP request

July 21st RCMP provided

Sept 12th Review of add doc changed to "No additional documents required"

Current status background check in progress

Next??

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi I just got an update, see if it helps anyone, and if anyone can tell me what is coming next approx time? Thanks

May 6th 2017 AOR

July 18th MED Approv RCMP request

July 21st RCMP provided

Sept 12th Review of add doc changed to "No additional documents required"

Current status background check in progress

Next??
Hi,

So seems like they have passed your criminality & next stage is eligibility & security check.

But you never know, to have clear picture then gcms notes or talk to cic agent & ask about what stages have been passed.

Wish you speedy ppr!

Reactions: aaruni

Singh32145

Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
Anyone here of May 25th AOR
My background status still showing we will send u message when we start your background check, its been a month after medical passed but no other update.
Only medical passed so far.
Any Advice seniors???

Anand.ch225

Aug 31, 2017
Hi Guys,

"
"

Well, good luck to all !

Cheers,
Varun
Congrats mate

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Thank you for your detailed response!!
We are inland applicants, I'm the principal applicant and my medicals will expire in April 2018. However, for my husband (dependent) we used the same medicals he had for his open work permit and they will expire in October 2017.
I was also thinking it might be reason #3, that they are reviewing the whole application. I just hope they do something soon either ask for new medicals for my husband or send the ppr email (let's hope is the latter *fingers crossed*)
Hi :)

Officialy it is not stated anywhere that the Medical exam has to be "fresh" before you apply. It only says that it has to be valid on the day of submission of your application.

However, I've seen a lot of people getting requests to undergo a medical exam again (already before landing), because it was expiring.
From what I see in your signature, you guys applied in April, so your husbands' medical exam was 6 months old on the day of submission, that's why there is a high possibility they might request him to do it again.

If I were you, I would suggest your husband does another medical exam now, and submits it with CSE, just to save time, because if they request it again, your application will be delayed for at least 3 more weeks, if not longer.

All the best :)