Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hello Guys,

I have read somewhere in the forum about the flow of the applications..

R10 completeness check --> Eligibility --> Criminality --> Security --> Final review and PPR

its always the same order??

when I called CIC the other day, they said my criminality is passed, but eligibility is still in progress.. what does this mean ?

agent review is done and waiting for the officer to pass the eligibility ?? or things dont follow the order that I have read??
Hi :)

The order after R10 check is not fixed and may change. Security can be checked before Criminality etc.

As for the Eligibility, in your CIC account, it might show "In progress" or "We are reviewing if you are eligible" even after you receive a PPR email and submit your passport. It will then be changed to "Passed" together with a final decision of your application to Approved.

When the agent told you that the criminality is passed and they are waiting for the officer to pass the eligibility, what he/she meant by that is the officer is basically going through your application from the beginning, reading the suggestions and notes of the analysts, and is about to make a final decision, so you can rest assured that PPR will pop up in your email in a few days :)

Reactions: srujju

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Anyone's passport being visa stamped in SGVO? How long does it taketo reach dhaka vfs after being dispatched from singapore?

Nazirhussain_k

Jul 18, 2017
Hi!!
I am in the same situation as you... AOR May 17th, Medical exams passed on July 28th and today September 11th they went back to "we are reviewing the results of your medical exams". BGC's status is processing since July 28th

I was wondering what happened with your medical exams status, did it go back to passed or have they requested new medical exams?
Hi,
My medical status still shows that it is being reviewed. It's been a month now. My background check is also in progress now.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Please anyone?

I remember reading about people having their medical exams changed back from 'passed' to 'we are reviewing...' but I don't know if at the end they were asked to have their medical exams redone or not. Anyone remember any of this? I'm so stressed about this :(
There are a couple of reasons that might have your Medical Status be changed from "Passed" to "We are reviewing your medical results":
1. If your medical exam expires in 1-2 months, CIC might request you to re-take your exam (if you're an Outland applicant), or they might extend it (if you're an Inland applicant);
2. If you added a new dependent in your application (i.e. a newborn);
3. The officer might be going through a final review of your application and thus changes all of your statuses on your CIC account again.

Either way, since your Medicals have been passed already, there is not much to worry about :)

raknair

Feb 3, 2017
***PPR received today****
AOR- May 15th, 2017
CEC Inland
Med Passed-28th July
No changes till today morning, I sent an email to CPC Ottawa asking for a status update around 9 AM EST, got a reply from them around 12:30 PM saying my application has been approved. Then my status changed to we are processing (IP2), and by 7 PM EST got the PPR email.
:):):)

Nazirhussain_k

Jul 18, 2017
There are a couple of reasons that might have your Medical Status be changed from "Passed" to "We are reviewing your medical results":
1. If your medical exam expires in 1-2 months, CIC might request you to re-take your exam (if you're an Outland applicant), or they might extend it (if you're an Inland applicant);
2. If you added a new dependent in your application (i.e. a newborn);
3. The officer might be going through a final review of your application and thus changes all of your statuses on your CIC account again.

Either way, since your Medicals have been passed already, there is not much to worry about :)
Thanks for the explanation. This makes sense now. I have my Son born in Canada in June. I have received an enquiry asking for his birth certificate.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
AOR- May 15th, 2017
CEC Inland
Med Passed-28th July
No changes till today morning, I sent an email to CPC Ottawa asking for a status update around 9 AM EST, got a reply from them around 12:30 PM saying my application has been approved. Then my status changed to we are processing (IP2), and by 7 PM EST got the PPR email.
Congrats!!! :)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi :)

The order after R10 check is not fixed and may change. Security can be checked before Criminality etc.

As for the Eligibility, in your CIC account, it might show "In progress" or "We are reviewing if you are eligible" even after you receive a PPR email and submit your passport. It will then be changed to "Passed" together with a final decision of your application to Approved.

When the agent told you that the criminality is passed and they are waiting for the officer to pass the eligibility, what he/she meant by that is the officer is basically going through your application from the beginning, reading the suggestions and notes of the analysts, and is about to make a final decision, so you can rest assured that PPR will pop up in your email in a few days :)
Thank you so much for the information and support. Fingers crossed.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Thank you so much for the information and support. Fingers crossed.
No worries! Anytime haha :)

I found some more information regarding the detailed background check process. Maybe you'll be interested to read it:

"The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.
11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued."

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
AOR- May 15th, 2017
CEC Inland
Med Passed-28th July

Where did you send email what is that email address from where did you get it

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Reactions: fdelacerda

winteriscoming2017

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
If they do not ask for any additional documents, then yes winter will come lot sooner for you in comparison to most of us here..

Good luck mate!
So far no additional document request.
I hope that too but I have seen other applicants are on same boat. Stuck in IP2 since 1st or 2nd week of august.

Reactions: IamNew

Vani2017

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi, what does the agent actually tell u...as in does he/she repeats the same info thats stated on CIC website.

Btw, I applied on May 27 under EE FSW...how about you?
Yes the agent said that she doesn't give me more details apart from the website status because my file is moved to LVO Delhi

Reactions: Anand.ch225