+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

apuba_rcc

Aug 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

Today my Background Check status got changed to 'We are processing your background check' (for last 1 week it was 'Not applicable'). Can anyone please let me know how long do I need to wait till I get my ppr?

I am CEC inland..
AOR - May 8th
Med passed - Jun 6th
Background Check - Not applicable - Aug 16
Background Check - We are processing - Aug 23

Thanks..

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi everyone,

Today my Background Check status got changed to 'We are processing your background check' (for last 1 week it was 'Not applicable'). Can anyone please let me know how long do I need to wait till I get my ppr?

I am CEC inland..
AOR - May 8th
Med passed - Jun 6th
Background Check - Not applicable - Aug 16
Background Check - We are processing - Aug 23

Thanks..
It looks like IP2, you should be getting your PPR request soon. Maybe even this week.

harrynandra

Apr 25, 2016
AOR OR SUBMITTED FILE ON 9th may
Medical pass on 21st July
How long will it take to get PAssport request
Any help please
it shows like this in my profile.

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check -Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision -Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My AOR or file submitted on 10 may
Medical passed-22 july
No update after

harrynandra

Apr 25, 2016
AOR OR SUBMITTED FILE ON 10th may
Medical pass on 22 nd July
How long will it take to get PAssport request

Application status
Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check -Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision -Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi lovely people! :)
Does anyone have any idea of how long does it take to get RPRF request (I didn't pay upfront) and during which stage?

CEC Inland
AOR is May 23
Medical - Passed - August 5 (not 100% sure about the date since I applied via representative)
Background check - Processing - August 5

Last edited:

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
when I was checking my profile today, I saw "Updated" status instead of "Submitted" .. but there is no message in the profile..
did any one experience this ?
btw I am may 4th AOR CEC Inland.. for more than 2 months at N/A 2 ..

Reactions: Vani2017

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
CEC Inland
AOR:May 06
Medicals and IP1:18 July
IP2: 23 Aug. I don't know if there was NA2. I checked in the morning it was IP1 and checked at around 1 pm it was IP2 and then it changed to NA after about 45 minutes. says NA now.

Nov 28, 2015
First of Congrats on the baby.

Baby will automatically be a Canadian citizen provided you are here legally ( WP , SP etc ).

You will definitely have to let CIC know about the change in your family, raise a CSE with details i believe ( not exactly sure about the process - there were similar cases in the past with your same situation, try finding it in the forum ).

Regards
Riyas Siraj
Your help is appreciable. I'll update if anything new in next. Plz pray for me.... Thanks.

Yogesh96

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Guys tell me who actually are those lucky people who call cic and the agent that talks to them explains every detail of their case happily? I mean What and how do you guys ask them questions about your case? And what is their usual reply? Cuz in most cases they either say wait till 6 months and then call or they just read you whatever you can already read on mycic? Please help

Reactions: L00nie

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi kim,

It's completely up to you. You can definitely do the landing and apply for PR travel document ( if you don't get the PR card before your travel back ) if that is the way you want to go.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
Hi @Riyas Siraj

Thank you so much for your help. It is really confusing. I still have few more days until PPR so I will think about this and make a decision.

Cheers!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hey Kimi,

In my opinion, you're more likely to face administrative hassles in Option 1 as compared to Option 2. My recommendation would be Option 2, as long as you have a couple of months for completing your landing in Canada. You might find the link below useful:

http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/

Good luck!

Cheers
Varun
Hi @Varun84,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain administrative hassles for Option 1 if my friend can bring PR card with him? My only concern in if border officers may ask me how come I left before getting my PR card and why? If I dont get my PR card while I am in India, can I apply for PR travel document without any hassle? In this case, I will also be able to stay in India as long as I wish.

And if going for Option 2 , I will have to come back before my PR visa expires and hopefully border officers wont question anything for other countries' visa stamps or not having a job in Canada?

Please advise. Thank you. Appreciated your help!

Cheers!

JASBIR KAUR

Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
15-16-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....