+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
More than 2 months and absolutely no change in status. Does anyone knows why CEC processing is so slow. I was eligible for both CEC and FSW but somehow CEC was enforced. :(

mr.zombie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
More than 2 months and absolutely no change in status. Does anyone knows why CEC processing is so slow. I was eligible for both CEC and FSW but somehow CEC was enforced. :(
What i personally think....
CIC is working on FSW applicants this month. They worked on CEC files in May and June.
They haven't touched PNP yet which i think they will start in August.
So if this is the case then we might see they will start working on CEC files by September.

But fingers crossed... who know what CIC has a plans.

varungole

Jul 24, 2017
Hello Friends!

Today my BG status changed to we are processing your background check. We will inform you if we need more info

My timeline is
Eaor 27 may
Medicals passed 26 june
Rprf 19 may and paid 24 july
Bg change to above wordings 28 july

Is this IP2? Because i didn't notice changes before.

And if yes, can I safely assume that employment verification has been done and i should only wait for ppr? How long from ip2 to ppr? Anyone in same boat???

zawasthiz

Feb 6, 2017
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-05-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
Hi Friends,

Would be grateful for clarifications on my below queries:

(1) Now that I am in IP2 stage, is my understanding correct that the status of my BGC will not change till the end? I should now be awaiting CIC’s email on PPR.

(2) Is it a pre-condition for the PPR that the passport should have validity for atleast 12 months?

Thanks

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
Hello Friends!

Today my BG status changed to we are processing your background check. We will inform you if we need more info

My timeline is
Eaor 27 may
Medicals passed 26 june
Rprf 19 may and paid 24 july
Bg change to above wordings 28 july

Is this IP2? Because i didn't notice changes before.

And if yes, can I safely assume that employment verification has been done and i should only wait for ppr? How long from ip2 to ppr? Anyone in same boat???

yes mostly it is done.
IP2 to PPR will vary from 5-15 days..

I am also in IP2.. All the best.. :)

Reactions: varungole

Moosad

Jul 28, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-05-2017
Med's Request
28-06-2017
Hi,

FSW-O
Aor: 22 may
Med passed: 28th June
RPRF requested and paid on: 21 July
IP2: 25 Jul

So I had sent a mail to CPC asking which my Visa office is, last night. Got a reply in 2 hours, telling me

"Please note that your application has been approved and a Ready for Visa letter with instructions will be sent shortly."

This email came this morning (28 July 0130 IST)

My query is, how long will it take after it's approved to get PPR?

Vani2017

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
It just indicates the acknowledgement that document has been received. After that status sometimes changes (in my case it did but same status for 2 months though) that additional document being reviewed. Lastly no additional documents required could be the status change.
Thank you
I don't know how long they will take to process this

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hi,

FSW-O
Aor: 22 may
Med passed: 28th June
RPRF requested and paid on: 21 July
IP2: 25 Jul

So I had sent a mail to CPC asking which my Visa office is, last night. Got a reply in 2 hours, telling me

"Please note that your application has been approved and a Ready for Visa letter with instructions will be sent shortly."

This email came this morning (28 July 0130 IST)

My query is, how long will it take after it's approved to get PPR?
For me it took 12-14 hours, so it's anybody's guess, nevertheless at least now you know it's approved, so no more anxiety for you :);)

Reactions: sam_15 and Moosad

Moosad

Jul 28, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-05-2017
Med's Request
28-06-2017
For me it took 12-14 hours, so it's anybody's guess, nevertheless at least now you know it's approved, so no more anxiety for you :);)

Hey thanks... at what time IST did you get the PPR email. And do you get it both on email and CIC account or only email. Lastly how long did it take to get the Visa stamped and how long is it valid...

Thanks a ton in advance...

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
What i personally think....
CIC is working on FSW applicants this month. They worked on CEC files in May and June.
They haven't touched PNP yet which i think they will start in August.
So if this is the case then we might see they will start working on CEC files by September.

But fingers crossed... who know what CIC has a plans.
Hi mr.zombie ! From what you said I guess they process PNP applications slowly than others. Is that right?

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Hey thanks... at what time IST did you get the PPR email. And do you get it both on email and CIC account or only email. Lastly how long did it take to get the Visa stamped and how long is it valid...

Thanks a ton in advance...
Hi, to begin with, I checked my email last Friday around 9am ist and it was there, apparently it was sitting there since 3-4 hours, you will get your PPR mail only in your private email account that you have provided CIC with, there will be no indication of PPR in your CIC account, so check your inbox and spam folder regularly, I sent my passport for stamping this Monday and today when I opened my CIC account everything changed from being under review to approved, it tells me that my passport has been stamped with the visa, so it took 5 days for stamping, be aware your CIC status will not change till your passport gets stamped. Let me know if you need any more information Mr.Future Canadian ;):D

Ps: No idea yet about how long the visa is valid, but should be till medicals.

Last edited:

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
W

whixh stage are you in? If you are in IP2, there are less chances of berification if job experience at this state
I m probably in NA2. So I guess they may contact my employer right? What I am asking is, how do they do that?

Moosad

Jul 28, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-05-2017
Med's Request
28-06-2017
Hi, to begin with, I checked my email last Friday around 9am ist and it was there, apparently it was sitting there since 3-4 hours, you will get your PPR mail only in your private email account that you have provided CIC with, there will be no indication of PPR in your CIC account, so check your inbox and spam folder regularly, I sent my passport for stamping this Monday and today when I opened my CIC account everything changed from being under review to approved, it tells me that my passport has been stamped with the visa, so it took 5 days for stamping, be aware your CIC status will not change till your passport gets stamped. Let me know if you need any more information Mr.Future Canadian ;):D

Ps: No idea yet about how long the visa is valid, but should be till medicals.

Thanks a ton buddy... Congrats to you too... :)

Reactions: mihirparker