+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Can someone advice me the email address to contact CIC other than CSE Webform. I need to contact them since my application is at NA(2) and i would be travelling next month. I just need to know how much time PPR would take so that i make arragements for my travel prior or after it. Also can someone suggest how much more time it would take. My timeline is:
AOR : 5 May
Medical Pass and BGC (IP1 -> NA) : 23 June

Regards
Hi Ammar,

other than the CSE forum, I used the below mentioned email address for reaching out to CIC for inquiring about my visa office.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

BTW, what is your category? For CEC with dependents, usually the processing time is 4 months from AOR. I believe FSW-O is being taken on priority these days so might be quicker than CEC. PNP has trended the slowest.

Last edited:
Reactions: GraceM and Ammar30

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Hi Joshjo,

By the wording of your BGC, you seem to be in IP2. I am surprised that CIC has still not picked up your medical test results. I know for a fact that people with May 10/11 AOR have had their medical test results reviewed/under review, including my own - under review. I dont think there should be anything to worry about and what could help is ordering your GCMS notes. This would definitely prompt the CIC agent to look into your file for reviewing notes before releasing them and is likely to draw attention to your file if indeed it was just left behind or fell through the cracks.

So relax, dont worry and order GCMS notes. These would take a month to come and you would get to know the progress made on your file. If you dont see any status change on your file even after a month of ordering the notes, then probably drop an email to CIC.

Another thing you could do is send an email to CIC inquiring about your Visa office (VO) in the following format (Thanks to champion member: KiranK):

(Mention your application number in the subject)

I am trying to find out at which Visa office is my application being processed?

Application number:

Date of Birth:

Last Name:

First Name:

UCI:

Category of Immigration:

Good luck!
@Ammar30

This might be of use as well.

Good luck!

Reactions: Ammar30

Ammar30

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi Ammar,

other than the CSE forum, I used the below mentioned email address for reaching out to CIC for inquiring about my visa office.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

BTW, what is your category? For CEC with dependents, usually the processing time is 4 months from AOR. I believe FSW-O is being taken on priority these days so might be quicker than CEC. PNP has trended as the slowest.
Thanks Varun,
I am FSWO, with my wife as principal applicant. CRS Score 474.
Regarding GCMS notes, again they would take more than a month...and we are expecting to travel next month. So i think i will email them, may be it will take less than this time.
Appreciate your reply....

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Hello

Hello mate!
I am also in the same situation as I am a marine engineer and sailing right now. I havent recieved ppr yet but as per my consultant cic extends the deadline for genuine cases. Be sure to provide scanned copies of ur tickets etc or amy proof that proved u r out of the country!!!

And please do let me know what cic replies! I am too anxious for the same read
Thanks! Well I have notified on the email address included in the PPR email. A bit of google search indicated that the email address is for my visa office. Their automated reply mentions they could take up to 15 business days to respond which is a real pain :mad::confused:. I didn't attach my tickets with the email, hopefully they will ask for it if required before deciding.

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
@Ammar30

This might be of use as well.

Good luck!
Thank you @Varun84
I will sure do that! I have two dependents (My husband-does not reside in Canada) and my son(resides in Canada)
While i am the applicant (resides in canada). Could the dependents be the cause of the delay, I sent an email yesterday inquiring about my visa office as directed.

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi

Does anyone know, what does it mean if the application is still in the Centralized office Sydney, Nova-Scotia? CEC Inland and status has been in IP1 for 2 months now and hence sent an email to check where I got a response to indicate it is still in the Centralized office. Any insight into this is much appreciated. Thank you!

AOR May 03 2017, CEC Inland, Medical Passed & IP1 since 24th May 2017
I have the same question and almost in a similar situation.

I'm FSW outland, AOR 23 May, IP1 but my medical has not passed yet :(

manpindersingh

Jul 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Yes I have dear:), it took 4 days from the day i submitted. I have to land before April 2018, i.e exactly 1 year before my medical expires.
@gurik But isn't it the visa is valid for 6 months from the date of stamping or CoPR? Actually I was planning to get my visa stamped after 15 days of PPR so that i will get same 15 days more in the expiry of visa. Please let me know about it. Also could you please let me know the date you did your medical, stamping and expiry dates mentioned on the visa? It would be a great help.

Last edited:

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Thank you @Varun84
I will sure do that! I have two dependents (My husband-does not reside in Canada) and my son(resides in Canada)
While i am the applicant (resides in canada). Could the dependents be the cause of the delay, I sent an email yesterday inquiring about my visa office as directed.
Hi Joshjo,

In my view, as you have already passed the medicals in your PNP application so CIC has not even bothered to update it for your CEC application. So in my humble opinion, all is working fine for your application. Going by the usual timing, expect PPR in about 4 months from AOR for CEC. Good luck!

Last edited:

jilaniroy

Mar 28, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Starting to get anxious. BGC changed directly from NA1 to IP2 (we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information) a week ago, but medical results have not been updated yet (we are reviewing the results of your medical exam). Is it a bad idea to send an email to give a push? or just wait patiently.
CEC-inland, AOR 6 May.

ratman

Sep 5, 2015
My Medical Results updated from Reviewing to Pass, last night. People in the CEC stream, did anyone see this happen?

This is my Detail:
Applied for CEC stream- 13th May
AOR-14th May
Medical Updated- 26th July
BGC- IP

Last edited:

ratman

Sep 5, 2015
Starting to get anxious. BGC changed directly from NA1 to IP2 (we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information) a week ago, but medical results have not been updated yet (we are reviewing the results of your medical exam). Is it a bad idea to send an email to give a push? or just wait patiently.
CEC-inland, AOR 6 May.
Sometimes they do BGC first before passing medical

Last edited:

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hello seniors!
My AOR is 13 May 2017 and passed medical exam on 30 June 2017. Just trying to figure out the background check progression from the discussions above.
Does it go: "In Progress --> NA --> In Progress --> NA" like this?
Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: sam_15

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Hello seniors!
My AOR is 13 May 2017 and passed medical exam on 30 June 2017. Just trying to figure out the background check progression from the discussions above.
Does it go: "In Progress --> NA --> In Progress --> NA" like this?
Thanks in advance. :)
Yes, what is your current BGC status? I am from bd too. My timeline is in my signature.

Reactions: mok_kab