+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
preet14 said:
Hello everyone m ready to submit my eAPR but there is one confusion.

I got PCC from Passport Seva in India. I live in Ludhiana n my permanent address was always Ludhiana. But i worked in Chandigarh during 2011 2012. Now someone here told me to get PcC from Passport Seva Kendra as they cover the whole india. But during my PCC officials did not ask me anything about living or going out of city. When i asked them about my working period in Chandigarh and its pcc they said pcc always done at permanent address doesnt matter where you are living and in your case you lived in Chandigarh 6 years ago.
M just confused now
So is it correct or not.
You are good with that PCC.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
andy108 said:
I am having déjà vu or you already asked it previously?

The common understanding here on the forum seems to be that for India one PCC covers whole country (different case for Pakistan). However, let our Indian contributors comment on that.
Yes as i mentioned i asked it here before and someone told me that pcc from passport centre covers whole country. But my question is during at any stage of pcc they didnt ask me for the addresses where ever i lived so far in india. They are only considering one city where is my permanent address is.

May be i am missing something here.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
preet14 said:
Yes as i mentioned i asked it here before and someone told me that pcc from passport centre covers whole country. But my question is during at any stage of pcc they didnt ask me for the addresses where ever i lived so far in india. They are only considering one city where is my permanent address is.

May be i am missing something here.
That's right. The system is not perfect. Even for FBI PCC from US, it mentions that this report does not include any state or local crimes but still CIC accepts it. For Indian PCC issued by PSK, it has the name of Ministry of External Affairs, so CIC believes that alone should be fine.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Maverick28 said:
That's right. The system is not perfect. Even for FBI PCC from US, it mentions that this report does not include any state or local crimes but still CIC accepts it. For Indian PCC issued by PSK, it has the name of Ministry of External Affairs, so CIC believes that alone should be fine.
Humm... inguess then m ready to submit. Maverick thnx bro...

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Please add me for May 2017 AOR.

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pls add me thank u!

Kapustka

Feb 6, 2017
preet14 said:
Hello everyone m ready to submit my eAPR but there is one confusion.

I got PCC from Passport Seva in India. I live in Ludhiana n my permanent address was always Ludhiana. But i worked in Chandigarh during 2011 2012. Now someone here told me to get PcC from Passport Seva Kendra as they cover the whole india. But during my PCC officials did not ask me anything about living or going out of city. When i asked them about my working period in Chandigarh and its pcc they said pcc always done at permanent address doesnt matter where you are living and in your case you lived in Chandigarh 6 years ago.
M just confused now
So is it correct or not.
The PCC from any PSK is good for any addresses you might have lived in pan-India - but it (ideally) needs to be issued in your current address (not necessarily the permanent address listed on your passport.

For eg. My current address is in Mumbai and my permanent one on the passport is from south India, but I got my PCC from Mumbai without having to apply for a change on my passport.) The process of issuing PCC from PSK includes police checks at your current state and the home state (if it is different).

As far as CIC is concerned, they will accept the 1 certificate from the PSK regardless of your address history. If you take the PCC from a local police station, then you might need multiple PCCs as per what I have read on these forums. Others can confirm.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
I will submit my application/AOR after a week. I am going to book an appointment for medical soon.

If you don't mind, please add me to what's app group.

+1 for your efforts.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Please add me to whatsapp group

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi andy108! did not get anything.. is it in my inbox or..? thanks!