Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I got the same message as you (my medical is passed though and no additional documents needed) I hope it's just a standard letter!
Yeah my medical are passed for a while now too, as well as all other stages as told by CIC agent, yet the letter says that it's still ongoing. Probably will stay like that until I actually get my PPR

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yeah my medical are passed for a while now too, as well as all other stages as told by CIC agent, yet the letter says that it's still ongoing. Probably will stay like that until I actually get my PPR
I hope so as well. It's annoying there's no average timeline for everything. I look at your timeline and mine. You had AOR almost 6 weeks before me but got your medicals as passed a month after mine. An average timeline would help calm everyone's nerves down!

Anand.ch225

Aug 31, 2017
It means that you are in a final stage of the processing :)
Hopefully mate :)

But my application is at CPC Ottawa since I got a reply about my application the other day on email. They said they are reviewing my application and the next day BG status changed to 'We are processing....'

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
I guess it all differs in terms of stages now, because in my RPRF letter it says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and medical) is still on going; you will be contacted if additional
information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....." , so "Medical>Criminality>Eligiblity>Security" is not always a standard process.

Anyways, every case is unique :)
I guess it all differs in terms of stages now, because in my RPRF letter it says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and medical) is still on going; you will be contacted if additional
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....." , so "Medical>Criminality>Eligiblity>Security" is not always a standard process.

Anyways, every case is unique :)
Ohh, did your letter specifically said that admissibility with medicals, criminality & security stages are still in progress?

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I hope so as well. It's annoying there's no average timeline for everything. I look at your timeline and mine. You had AOR almost 6 weeks before me but got your medicals as passed a month after mine. An average timeline would help calm everyone's nerves down!
Well there is a timeline for overall application processing (6 months), so as long as you are within those 6 months, you shouldn't worry about it.
Making an average timeline for stages would be quite complicated for them, because people are applying from all over the world, and the documents check etc requires completely different amount of time depending on the country, travel history, medical history, criminal background etc.

I think by the end of September you will already send your passport to the local VO :)

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Well there is a timeline for overall application processing (6 months), so as long as you are within those 6 months, you shouldn't worry about it.
Making an average timeline for stages would be quite complicated for them, because people are applying from all over the world, and the documents check etc requires completely different amount of time depending on the country, travel history, medical history, criminal background etc.

I think by the end of September you will already send your passport to the local VO :)
Yeah I can imagine. Someone with an extensive travel history would have a different timeline than mine with my one or two trips a year. All we can do is wait! Fingers crossed for everyone!

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Ohh, did your letter specifically said that admissibility with medicals, criminality & security stages are still in progress?
Yup. This is exactly what it says in the letter I received:
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....."

You see, according to it, only my eligibility is passed. However, I passed my Medicals back in August, as well as other stages, as I was told by the agent yesterday, a day after the RPRF payment.

I am quite positive that there is no a certain timeline of Processing Stages in terms of what they check first and last.
If you look through the timelines of those who received PPRs, you will see that some people got their Medical under review until 2-3 days before the PPR email. So for them starting all 3 other stages (Background, Security and Criminality) and completing them in 2 days is quite unrealistic.

From what I saw in peoples' GCMS notes that they posted (you can also google them), Security and Criminality were passed one after another within a few days, so I assume they make requests to check those at the same time, because both of those stages require quite a decent amount of time.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from CIC - CIC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). At this stage they "dig deeper" into your life, activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc.
Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada. Therefore it would make sense if the two stages were done together.

But either way I am not an expert, and I guess no one knows what exactly CIC has in their mind :)

Last edited:

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Yup. This is exactly what it says in the letter I received:
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....."

You see, according to it, only my eligibility is passed. However, I passed my Medicals back in August, as well as other stages, as I was told by the agent yesterday, a day after the RPRF payment.

I am quite positive that there is no a certain timeline of Processing Stages in terms of what they check first and last.
If you look through the timelines of those who received PPRs, you will see that some people got their Medical under review until 2-3 days before the PPR email. So for them starting all 3 other stages (Background, Security and Criminality) and completing them in 2 days is quite unrealistic.

From what I saw in peoples' GCMS notes that they posted (you can also google them), Security and Criminality were passed one after another within a few days, so I assume they make requests to check those at the same time, because both of those stages require quite a decent amount of time.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from CIC - CIC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). At this stage they "dig deeper" into your life, activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc.
Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada. Therefore it would make sense if the two stages were done together.

But either way I am not an expert, and I guess no one knows what exactly CIC has in their mind :)
okay, thanks for the detailed info :)

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Those of you, who received the PPR last week, could you guys please share how long it took your passports to be delivered back to you? I think it will be a useful info for everyone here :)

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
Hi @Slimmy1 can you please tell me what is the subject and message for RPRF request. I also have not submitted upfront and now in IP2 since august 30. Waiting for the rprf request mail now. Thanx
It's just the usual update email you get in ur email. And then it tells you you have something in the account to view.

Reactions: Ammar30

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Quick weekly round-up:

If you have any feedback on this report please PM me.

If you find this status update useful please click [LIKE] - thank you in advance.

Current Processing
*The dates are based on the last 3 days PPRs, the system calculates the average "from date" and "to date"

PPRs by period from March 1st to DATE:

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/passport-requests-pprs-by-period-report

Statuses by the month of submission from January to up to date:
*It seems like January 2017 - August 2017 there is very little processing at all, tracker is clear example, that those guys have been stuck for now for 5-6-7-8 months without much update.

Statuses by day of submission for March:
*Few PPR this week, not a lot, but some.

Statuses by day of submission for April:
*Again, few PPRs reported, but not really big number.

Statuses by day of submission for May:
*More busier than March and April, but definitely not raining PPR for May guys...

Statuses by day of submission for June:

Statuses by day of submission for July:
*Not a bad week for July, some % getting cleared.

Statuses by day of submission for August:
*Quite a few PPRs for August guys, they are processing well.

Statuses by day of submission for September:
*Meds are sort of current, being processing well. Not a single PPR reported yet.

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

Average wait by stream from IP2 to PPR (In process for the 2nd time):
[/url]

Average wait to PPR by stream for the past few months, "average mean", showing increase in processing on "average":

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/dashboard/canada/estimation_and_analysis

Average by family size:

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/dashboard/canada/estimation_and_analysis

Average by Visa office in the last 30 days:

http://imgbb.com/

Mrwaitingtoolong

Sep 11, 2017
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background.
Guys what does this means? Can someone explain what level is tgus?