+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 31st 2022 application filled, and stuck after completing the test

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
Hello everyone, when I was taking the test my internet disconnected so I had to take the test in a different computer from the beginning, but finished the test with in the given time and got an email stating it’s complete. My husband also took the test the same day and passed.
. My husbands status changed to test completed but my status says In progress for some reason. Couldn’t get through to talk to someone at CIC, i mailed them two times and they said it’s in progress (no new update so far)
It’s 5 months since the time I completed my test and am super worried if something is wrong.

Also, I gave birth in Canada when my application was in process already, got my child’s passport too. Iam I suppose to inform them?

please guide me am in a panic state

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone, when I was taking the test my internet disconnected so I had to take the test in a different computer from the beginning, but finished the test with in the given time and got an email stating it’s complete. My husband also took the test the same day and passed.
. My husbands status changed to test completed but my status says In progress for some reason. Couldn’t get through to talk to someone at CIC, i mailed them two times and they said it’s in progress (no new update so far)
It’s 5 months since the time I completed my test and am super worried if something is wrong.

Also, I gave birth in Canada when my application was in process already, got my child’s passport too. Iam I suppose to inform them?

please guide me am in a panic state
While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you
  • change your address
  • plan to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row
  • can’t check your application status online and the normal processing time for your application has passed
  • are charged with a crime
  • applied as part of a group, but now want to continue the application by yourself
Child birth is not one of the criteria to inform them.

You can use the method to contact IRCC on call - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

Apply for GCMS notes and see where your application is stuck.
If your MP office is helpful take there help. Some MP office only helps after you breach the processing ETA of 18 months.

Don't panic, enjoy the time with your kid. This process is bit cumbersome for some and you need a lot of patience to go till the end. By November you will breach the 18 months processing ETA and asking for updates becomes easier after that.

I hope you get your oath before that.

Reactions: kabby

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
Thank you for your reply, I will call them as you suggested above.. I Will come back to reply if there is any change in the status.

Reactions: forw.jane