+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
AOR received 22. What are the next steps? I noticed ‘ecas’ in the spreadsheet. What does that stand for?
Congratulations, spreadsheet updated.

After 48-72 hours of receiving AOR, you can register in the Citizenship tracker portal, to track next steps of your application - https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register
For online applications, the date you linked your application to this tracker is the date mentioned as "In process ECAS" in the sheet.

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

Application submitted online
Submission date: May 16
AOR: May 24
Physical presence: 1209
Tried signing up on the tracker but it says application not found. Will wait a couple more days.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hello everyone,

Application submitted online
Submission date: May 16
AOR: May 24
Physical presence: 1209
Tried signing up on the tracker but it says application not found. Will wait a couple more days.
Congratulations, added to spreadsheet.

After 48-72 hours of receiving AOR, you can register in the Citizenship tracker portal - https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

If you would like to join the WhatsApp group for May 2024 applicants, here is the link to the group - https://chat.whatsapp.com/JlML7i8YuSD2eo5rEP89sU

Reactions: Cheema07ajashan

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021

hssrp

Dec 19, 2019
USA
Do we know what is the timeline for online applications right now? How long is it taking approximately?
Each application's complexity is different and so is the speed of different offices. Jan and Feb applicants had the full process completed in 3-4 months on an average for a good number of applicants! This should give you a rough idea. :)

Reactions: Cheema07ajashan

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Each application's complexity is different and so is the speed of different offices. Jan and Feb applicants had the full process completed in 3-4 months on an average for a good number of applicants! This should give you a rough idea. :)
Some of us, myself included, are still waiting for our background verification since March , even though we submitted our application on January 31st. So, when you're considering the average processing time, keep this in mind. Just to give you a heads up, Vancouver office is moving at a snail's pace; sometimes it feels like they're not even working. Some cases are still waiting for the oath decision even after LPP is done

So, be ready to test your patience. Nevertheless, I hope you all reach the finish line soon!

Last edited:

CrashTV

Sep 29, 2021
Type: Online application
Location - Vancouver
Physical Presence - 1098 days
Applicant - Single
Application sent - May 19
AOR - May 27