+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
ok so I got my SA, got the biometrics request, in the SA approval letter it says that the application was moved to the visa office but it didn't mention which visa office, also how long after can I expect his PR card approval and him to arrive in canada, would really appreciate if someone tells me a timeline
Same for me. I don’t think anyone can guess how long. Are they working on his backgrounds checks?

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
congratulationssss. wait a few days like they suggested. I guess we were just lucky because we linked in since June. I logged in now and it hasn't even updated that I received AOR hahaha
Congratulations to us ,
Yea I was able to create Pr tracker acct for both the Sponsor and the PA today 20/July

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
This is question is for anyone who recently received AOR.

Does the AOR first shows up in your email or the PR portal? Where should we keep looking?

Glenflame

Apr 6, 2020
I should update here instead of June groud.

Submitted: 25 May 2023
Sponsor: Calgary, AB
PA: China
Processing Centre: Hong Kong

Submitted online on May 25, 2023 for outland spousal sponsorship. I got the biometrics letter on July 20, 2023 without any AOR.

I just received the sponsor eligibility approval (SA) today as of July 21, 2023.

Spousal PR | Submitted Online: May 25, 2023 | AOR: Email AOR on July 21, 2023 | BIL: July 20, 2023 | SA:July 21, 2023 | Med: N/A |

Last edited:

PR666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
I should update here instead of June groud.

Submitted: 25 May 2023
Sponsor: Calgary, Canada
PA: China
Processing Centre: Hong Kong

Submitted online on May 25, 2023 for outland spousal sponsorship. I got the biometrics letter July 20, 2023 without any AOR.

I just received the sponsor eligibility approval (SA) today as of July 21, 2023.

Spousal PR | Submitted Online: May 25, 2023 | AOR: N/A | Bio: July 20, 2023 | SA:July 21, 2023 | Med: N/A |
may be the AOR went to Sponsor's email

Glenflame

Apr 6, 2020
may be the AOR went to Sponsor's email
Well, just got the AOR by email today as of July 21, 2023, but not sure why the timeline seems odd.

Spousal PR | Submitted Online: May 25, 2023 | AOR: Email AOR on July 21, 2023 | BIL: July 20, 2023 | SA:July 21, 2023 | Med: N/A |

Last edited:

andymack

Mar 21, 2021
Applied: May 26
AOR: July 21 (email)

I was able to sign up for the PR Tracker, but couldn't link to GCKey yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Well, just got the AOR by email today as of July 21, 2023, but not sure why the timeline seems odd.

Congrats...you have the complete set now...AOR + SA, regardless of the order.
Did the AOR and SA came up in your email, or you found it in your PR portal?

Are you/PA planning to apply for TRV as well, or you are going to wait and see how soon PPR comes along?

Homefry

Jul 21, 2023
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-22-2023
AOR Received.
27-07-2023
Hi all, new to this forum. We applied May 22 and still no AOR. Yet some that applied after us have already received AOR and beyond! Any idea what could be holding up ours? Assuming they go in order of application, could this mean there’s an issue with our file?

andymack

Mar 21, 2021
Hi all, new to this forum. We applied May 22 and still no AOR. Yet some that applied after us have already received AOR and beyond! Any idea what could be holding up ours? Assuming they go in order of application, could this mean there’s an issue with our file?
I don't think they go in order. It's a mystery why some go faster than others.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ok so I got my SA, got the biometrics request, in the SA approval letter it says that the application was moved to the visa office but it didn't mention which visa office, also how long after can I expect his PR card approval and him to arrive in canada, would really appreciate if someone tells me a timeline
Hi supreet, firstly congrats you got it all in time. almost 2 months and you got AOR and SA. Get the biometrics and medical asap.

How many months more. Even though, i have recently seen Jan and Feb applicants getting their PPRs (passport request) in July. Add a month more and then the applicant is ready to fly. So in a best case scenario, its 8-9 months and the applicant will be in Canada. Getting PR card in hand - im not sure about that. Hopefully someone else reading this might be able to help.

However, id suggest your spouse to apply for TRV under the Family Reunificiation program - asap, meaning today or by tomorrow at the latest. Why should you wait? Unless your spouse is busy, working, have some unfinished business to take care of and need more time to say back at home. But whenever you will apply TRV, since your spousal application is accepted and in process now, chances are you will get TRV within 60 days (or 2-4weeks in some cases). You can read more about it in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/page-38#post-10553321

Wishing you and your spouse best of luck.

Nerd13

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Application Submitted: 19 th May
AOR: 27th June
Hopefully some good news soon regarding SA and BIL and Medical

(Outland/ having a Lawyer)

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
Hi supreet, firstly congrats you got it all in time. almost 2 months and you got AOR and SA. Get the biometrics and medical asap.

How many months more. Even though, i have recently seen Jan and Feb applicants getting their PPRs (passport request) in July. Add a month more and then the applicant is ready to fly. So in a best case scenario, its 8-9 months and the applicant will be in Canada. Getting PR card in hand - im not sure about that. Hopefully someone else reading this might be able to help.

However, id suggest your spouse to apply for TRV under the Family Reunificiation program - asap, meaning today or by tomorrow at the latest. Why should you wait? Unless your spouse is busy, working, have some unfinished business to take care of and need more time to say back at home. But whenever you will apply TRV, since your spousal application is accepted and in process now, chances are you will get TRV within 60 days (or 2-4weeks in some cases). You can read more about it in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/page-38#post-10553321

Wishing you and your spouse best of luck.
Hello, so on our tracker it shows that biometrics have been completed, we have not received the request for medical yet, when can we expect that