+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

BinooYoo

Mar 26, 2023
No, I haven't gotten any of those things. How do you check whether the documents have been approved or truned true?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No, I haven't gotten any of those things. How do you check whether the documents have been approved or truned true?
I'm not sure anymore if that is actually a trick....and if it is one, perhaps it only tricks your mind to give you a false hope.
Best thing is to wait for the email from CIC. Only thing that really helps is check the google sheet trackers which will give you some idea about the timelines. From application submission to AOR is usually 45-60 days, Bio request, Sponsorship Approval and then Medicals usually follow from 1-7 days in general. But again, its not written on stone and can take more time as well.

Reactions: moliKT and BinooYoo

BinooYoo

Mar 26, 2023
I'm not sure anymore if that is actually a trick....and if it is one, perhaps it only tricks your mind to give you a false hope.
Best thing is to wait for the email from CIC. Only thing that really helps is check the google sheet trackers which will give you some idea about the timelines. From application submission to AOR is usually 45-60 days, Bio request, Sponsorship Approval and then Medicals usually follow from 1-7 days in general. But again, its not written on stone and can take more time as well.
I appreciate you for taking the time to explain.

porkfloss

Apr 23, 2023
For those who want to check if docs turned true

Follow these steps:
1. Open a chrome tab (or a new tab in any
browser)
2. Press F12 (or CTRL + SHIFT + i on
Windows CMD + alt/option + i on
Mac). You will see a panel open up on the right
3. Click Network in that panel. Then click
Fetch/Xhr
4. Now go to Permanent Residence Portal then
sign in and click view application (Unless you're
already on that page, just refresh)
5. On the left click on "cases" > then click Preview.
You'll see bunch of lines regarding your
application, documents and status details
6. Click on the arrow on the left to expand each
line.

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

This morning I received this message from CIC. Is this AOR? There is no pdf attachment , just only my (sponsor's) UCI and File number.
1 IF it is AOR, Can I apply for Open work permit for my spouse and how long it takes?
2 Can I assume that my file is complete and they started processing my application?

My Timelines is as follows,
Sponsor (Husband) Spouse in Canada Class
First Application submitted 12/04/2023
Application returned 17/05/2023(reason: one form missing but I am sure portal didn't ask that form)
Application resubmitted 17/05/2023
Update today 07/07/2023

The text is like this

UCI: **********
Application No.:***********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear S************,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/05/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

My Spouse Name

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca