+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Another update today, received the APR Eligibility Decision Letter / AIP via mail and letter dated 29 June 2023.

Submitted: 01 May 2023
AOR: 17 June 2023
Webform CSE (minor typo error updates): 19 June 2023
Webform CSE confirmation: 21 June 2023 (reflected on PR tracker)
BIL: 27 June 2023
Webform CSE(for previously collected biometrics): 27 June 2023
Eligibility - Completed: 27 June 2023 (reflected on PR tracker)
Pre-Arrival Services: 28 June 2023
Sponsor Approval: 29 June 2023
Principal Applicant Approval (APR Eligibility Decision Letter / AIP): 29 June 2023 (letter dated)
Webform CSE confirmation: 29 June 2023 (reflected on PR tracker)
Biometric Completed: 30 June 2023
Medical Request Received: 05 July 2023 (I guess the temp medical policy didn't apply to me, so they required a new IME)
Principal Applicant Approval (APR Eligibility Decision Letter / AIP): 05 July 2023 (letter received by mail)
What does Sponsor approval look like? Where did you check that ? My eligibility shows completed on the tracker, but not sure if this has anything to do with the sponsor approval.

Badge1

Star Member
May 3, 2023
What does Sponsor approval look like? Where did you check that ? My eligibility shows completed on the tracker, but not sure if this has anything to do with the sponsor approval.

@Deividas THe Sponsor Approval will be sent to the Sponsor's email. And it looks like this:

Date: XXXXX

UCI: XXXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXX - INLAND SCLP

[Barcode]

Sponsor Name
Address

Sponsor Name
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in
Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Principal Applicant and family
(if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted
shortly.

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to
you.

------

This is how the PA Approval / AIP mail looks like (I received this via snail mail / post):

UCI: XXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXX-INLAND SCLP

[Barcode]

Principal Applicant
Address

Principal Applicant,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-
Law Partner in Canada Class

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident untilyou
and all your family members have met these requirements

*Note: That is just the snippet of the letters / First few paragraphs from the letters.

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
@Deividas THe Sponsor Approval will be sent to the Sponsor's email. And it looks like this:

UCI: XXXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXX - INLAND SCLP

[Barcode]

Sponsor Name
Address

Sponsor Name
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in
Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of Principal Applicant and family
(if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted
shortly.

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to
you.

------

This is how the PA Approval / AIP mail looks like (I received this via snail mail / post):

UCI: XXXXXX
Application: FXXXXXX-INLAND SCLP

[Barcode]

Principal Applicant
Address

Principal Applicant,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-
Law Partner in Canada Class

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident untilyou
and all your family members have met these requirements

*Note: That is just the snippet of the letters / First few paragraphs from the letters.
Thank you ! My eligibility on both applicant and sponsor accounts shows completed, but haven’t received any emails

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
By any chance , Is there any forum link to track Open Work Permit application process timelines ?

Thanks in advance.

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
link it to your GCKEY
We applied work permit with my wife's IRCC account . So it's linked by default. I am asking about forum like this where we compare each other timelines and discuss.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
We applied work permit with my wife's IRCC account . So it's linked by default. I am asking about forum like this where we compare each other timelines and discuss.
We applied OWP on 2nd of April and still showing as submitted.

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Applied - May 9
Email received to update IMM5669 form as there is some typo mistakes (To Principal applicant) - June 26
Submit an updated IMM5669 form - June 26
AOR received (To Sponsor) - June 27
Medical Request Received (To Principal applicant) - June 27
Applied OWP - June 27
Medical exam completed - June 28
CSQ invite received ( To sponsor , As I am in Quebec) - June 29
CSQ application delivered to Montreal office - July 4
CSQ AOR date - July 10
CSQ AOR letter received via mail - July 14

In PR Tracker,
Biometrics - In Progress
Medical - Completed
Background verification - In Progress
Eligibility - Not started

CSQ
CSQ invite received (To sponsor) - June 29
CSQ applications mailed (Canada post) - June 30
CSQ application delivered to Montreal office - July 4
CSQ AOR date - July 10
CSQ AOR letter received via mail - July 14

Reactions: Badge1

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Hello all,
I have a doubt. My wife entered Canada with her visitor visa in April and her PR application is in process as per the timeline I mentioned above.

In order to stay more than 6 months as a visitor in Canada, do we need to apply for visitor visa extension as her PR application is in process ?

Thanks in advance

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
Hello all,
I have a doubt. My wife entered Canada with her visitor visa in April and her PR application is in process as per the timeline I mentioned above.

In order to stay more than 6 months as a visitor in Canada, do we need to apply for visitor visa extension as her PR application is in process ?

Thanks in advance
As far as I am aware, once you applied inland, you have implied status and no need to apply for a visitor extension. Others may correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: GG_CR7

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
As far as I am aware, once you applied inland, you have implied status and no need to apply for a visitor extension. Others may correct me if I am wrong.
I believe Implied status only applies for Temporary Resident permits (e.i. Work Permit, Visitor Permit, etc) not for P.R. so you should apply for a visitor record. That is what I did.

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

This morning I received this message from CIC. Is this AOR? There is no pdf attachment , just only my (sponsor's) UCI and File number.
1 IF it is AOR, Can I apply for Open work permit for my spouse and how long it takes?
2 Can I assume that my file is complete and they started processing my application?

My Timelines is as follows,
Sponsor (Husband) Spouse in Canada Class
First Application submitted 12/04/2023
Application returned 17/05/2023(reason: one form missing but I am sure portal didn't ask that form)
Application resubmitted 17/05/2023
Update today 07/07/2023

The text is like this

UCI: **********
Application No.:***********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear S************,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/05/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

My Spouse Name

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
Update received today:

Medical Completed (Done last year in Oct for PR, but Spouse was non accompanying, I think IRCC considered public policy in or case luckily, otherwise we were ready for another medical)
and Eligibility Completed dated 18 july 2023, showing on tracker today.
Biometrics (done previously) are in progress and Background verification in Progress as well(.
What would we expect next in your opinion? Some people gets Pre arrival services letter after Eligibility. Lets hope for the best.

Wish everyone luck !

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
I believe Implied status only applies for Temporary Resident permits (e.i. Work Permit, Visitor Permit, etc) not for P.R. so you should apply for a visitor record. That is what I did.
We applied for an open work permit with her AOR as well. So will it be consider as an implied status ?

Thanks.

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
We applied for an open work permit with her AOR as well. So will it be consider as an implied status ?

Thanks.
If you applied for OWP your wife should be good! She has implied status until a decision is made on the OWP/ or if she gets the PR first.