+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Update received today:

Medical Completed (Done last year in Oct for PR, but Spouse was non accompanying, I think IRCC considered public policy in or case luckily, otherwise we were ready for another medical)
and Eligibility Completed dated 18 july 2023, showing on tracker today.
Biometrics (done previously) are in progress and Background verification in Progress as well(.
What would we expect next in your opinion? Some people gets Pre arrival services letter after Eligibility. Lets hope for the best.

Wish everyone luck !
Another update today :
Pre arrival services letter received alongwith invitation to give Biometrics via email.

Harp7522

Jul 22, 2023
Any May applicants still waiting for AOR? Applied on 9th of May still no updates. An idea or suggestions please? Should we call them or not?

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
As far as I am aware, once you applied inland, you have implied status and no need to apply for a visitor extension. Others may correct me if I am wrong.
Well you only maintain status if you have a work permit in processing before your visitor visa expires

Harp7522

Jul 22, 2023
Inland or Outland?
Inland. Forgot to mention file was returned three times. First time they asked background check for sponsored person as he is living in Canada and spent his majority of adult life in Canada. Second time we applied got returned as sponsor was on EI maternity leave officer asked for employment info or proof of funds. We showed $30000 funds and application got returned and in email officer again asked for employment information. This time she went back to work and we uploaded two months paystubs and job letter but still waiting for any update.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Inland. Forgot to mention file was returned three times. First time they asked background check for sponsored person as he is living in Canada and spent his majority of adult life in Canada. Second time we applied got returned as sponsor was on EI maternity leave officer asked for employment info or proof of funds. We showed $30000 funds and application got returned and in email officer again asked for employment information. This time she went back to work and we uploaded two months paystubs and job letter but still waiting for any update.
Wow mine got returned twice which really annoying as the waiting period is really long.
I'm on EI maternity leave and I'm the sponsor I provided a letter of explanation with my EI statement and NOA. I didn't attach any proof of fund. Proof of fund ? This is weird as EI maternity leave is sufficient.

So when did you exactly applied again? I originally applied in Feb and got returned for not having signature (first middle and last name). 2nd time we applied in April and got returned in may for not having non accompanying dependents birthd certificate.

3rd time applied in May 4 and got our our AOR on 20 June.

Harp7522

Jul 22, 2023
Wow mine got returned twice which really annoying as the waiting period is really long.
I'm on EI maternity leave and I'm the sponsor I provided a letter of explanation with my EI statement and NOA. I didn't attach any proof of fund. Proof of fund ? This is weird as EI maternity leave is sufficient.

So when did you exactly applied again? I originally applied in Feb and got returned for not having signature (first middle and last name). 2nd time we applied in April and got returned in may for not having non accompanying dependents birthd certificate.

Originally applied in November 2022 . This time we applied on 9th of May but still waiting for AOR .

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Originally applied in November 2022 . This time we applied on 9th of May but still waiting for AOR .
I'm really sorry this happened to you. Did you try calling? Is your PR portal showing us submitted still? Did you try creating PR tracker or gc key account check the status?
I'm not sure it will work but if you have UCI you can give it a shot.

Harp7522

Jul 22, 2023
I'm really sorry this happened to you. Did you try calling? Is your PR portal showing us submitted still? Did you try creating PR tracker or gc key account check the status?
I'm not sure it will work but if you have UCI you can give it a shot.
I think we should try calling them.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Applied in may 2023 as inland application. Received AOR letter and biometric request in July. Usually how long take for medical request after biometric? Anyone have experience please share. Thanks

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Applied january 2023, no COPR yet after being in portal since June and having COPR number since end of April.

Deividas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2023
Applied january 2023, no COPR yet after being in portal since June and having COPR number since end of April.
I checked your signature, it's kinda crazy situation you're having right there... Like how officers can be so irresponsible, you open the file and you see notes sames as every other team member, yet the story told to you is very different

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
I checked your signature, it's kinda crazy situation you're having right there... Like how officers can be so irresponsible, you open the file and you see notes sames as every other team member, yet the story told to you is very different
Yea it's not a fun time to deal with. If I don't hear back this week I will be calling my local MP again next week Monday.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Anyone knows how to link the application to GC key account. Tried with application number and UCI. No luck so far. Any help would appreciated. Thanks