+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Wait! Did you apply for this while it was in progress and received details??
This is hilarious :D I feel like a very dangerously important person!! lol
Ideally everybody that applies for gcms notes should receive a detailed (up to 20 pages) document detailing every activity that has occurred with the file. You will see all the updates, the officer that worked on ur file, who it was assigned to, any notes written on it etc... very detailed. The email you received usually is the body of the email you get plus the attached pdf detailed document.

msaleh

Jan 3, 2019
Ideally everybody that applies for gcms notes should receive a detailed (up to 20 pages) document detailing every activity that has occurred with the file. You will see all the updates, the officer that worked on ur file, who it was assigned to, any notes written on it etc... very detailed. The email you received usually is the body of the email you get plus the attached pdf detailed document.
I think you are talking about IRCC GCMS report, I'm not sure if the CSIS GCMS report should be the same,

OMG_Citizen

Dec 9, 2023
App. Filed.......
02/08/2023
AOR Received.
13/09/2023
Hello,

I got GCMS notes. I'm waiting LPP to turn green since ghost update of 27Oct. Last update on GCMS notes shows 2November and 2December but not possible to in tracker some updates.

Application:
Created Date: 2023/09/13
Updated Date: 2023/11/02

It shows "Location: E- Grant DF"
Application Assignment: 2023/12/02
Assigned by: CC.......
Assigned to: AY.......

Do you have any idea what it means?

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hello,

I got GCMS notes. I'm waiting LPP to turn green since ghost update of 27Oct. Last update on GCMS notes shows 2November and 2December but not possible to in tracker some updates.

Application:

What's your primary office?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hello,

Application:

Likely means "decision finalized". I had the same comment and i called ircc to confirm.

Rolazaher

Mar 7, 2018
It is a bit interesting that your application was sent October 2023, and you ask this question in May 2023 thread. Also you have not mentioned your LPP has been completed. There can be a long delay between "Test Completed" and "LPP Completed" stage. The official guidance from IRCC is that most applicants will have a citizenship ceremony at around 4 to 6 months after the test is complted.

Just a couple of recommendations based on what I have read on this forum before ( Do not consider this as legal advice of any kind ).
  • Looking at your previous posts around TD, it is highly likely your application could be non-routine( processing time 17 months or longer).
  • You have to maintain your PR status(including all residency obligations) for the duration your citizenship application is in progress. In case your application is non-routine, this could cause issues with PR status.
  • You cannot take the oath from outside Canada, very limited exceptions.
  • You cannot travel on a citizenship certificate(e-certificate or paper).
  • If you expect your oath to be scheduled during your travel, you should postpone it unless an (unlikely) exception has been granted.
Thank you for information please do you know what it means location:e- grant review pr status

OMG_Citizen

Dec 9, 2023
App. Filed.......
02/08/2023
AOR Received.
13/09/2023
Likely means "decision finalized". I had the same comment and i called ircc to confirm.
Ohh...
What did they said? Which number did you contact? And which was your office and did your application finalized?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Ohh...
What did they said? Which number did you contact? And which was your office and did your application finalized?
Call IRCC at 1-8882422100. My application moved from Scarborough to Mississauga and my LPP was completed a week ago and still waiting got ceremony to change status to in progress.

I had to call back 4-5 timed and speak to diff agents to get my answer. 3/5 said it means decision finalized. However that can mean anything I.e. decision to reject or accept citizenship. Lol but I think it's usually positive otherwise they send application back or request more information.

Mozijikuu

Jul 3, 2018
I am seeking guidance on obtaining GCMS notes for my application. Currently, the Ecas portal indicates that a decision has been made, but the date of the decision is not specified. Upon calling Ircc, I was informed that my application is in the oath ceremony queue.It has now been three weeks since this update, and I am uncertain about the expected waiting time, especially considering the upcoming closure during the Christmas season. This waiting period feels like a test of patience.

Thank you.

Hello,

Application:

• Love
Reactions: hemeda2

djshoki93

Aug 23, 2020
Sorry guys I am a bit of a newbie here , can anyone help me understand which office would I be assigned to if I have always lived in Toronto (and I mean actual Toronto proper!). Is it true that I am gonna experience longer wait time, since I imagine a place like Toronto (and GTA overall) should be receiving more applications per officer. Thanks in advance for your help!

Arise2023

Oct 10, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please, I need anyone with good understanding of this process as my LPP was completed November 11th,2023, the office who completed after asking for more document told me over the phone welcome to the family and also asked me to wait for maximum of 2 weeks to get oath invite, but to no avail after 1 whole month. Please, any clue on what else to be done. Contact centre keeps telling me to hold that everything about my application is great. I am a bit confused