+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Did anyone from SCR office recently completed oath?

If yes, then what did you keep the subject of email when you sent signed form?
and how long did it take for you to download ecertificate?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
People who had their oath ceremony from Scarborough office on 11/15/2023 did you get you e-certificate? How many days it took for you after oath?
what did you keep the subject of email when you sent signed form?
and
how long did it take for you to download ecertificate? and did you get email telling its ready or just downloaded directly on portal randomly?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
My tracker was completed a couple of days after the oath! I received the certificate the next day at noon ish after oath
and
how long did it take for you to download ecertificate? and did you get email telling its ready or just downloaded directly on portal randomly?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Just wanted to extend my thanks to this forum. I did my oath on the 22nd November and received my certificate the very next day at 5:00 am (November 23). I’d advise you have it all prepared and send it immediately once the ceremony is done. Make sure you sign the two top signatures and not the bottom (will make sense when you receive it) also put the necessary info when emailing. The person who lets you in will advice. Again thanks.
and

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Got this error.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.
and
how long did it take finally for you to download ecertificate after oath?
and
did you get email telling its ready or just downloaded directly on portal randomly?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Today's Update on tracker, everything shows as complete now on tracker

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres
did this update after you got certificate? or immediately after oath ceremony?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Excellent. So they said 2-5 business days, but I had my citizenship certificate ready the day after the oath ceremony. Good luck!
and

TIA.

IPULL

May 30, 2023
and

TIA.
My application # and UCI

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
and

TIA.
The subject instructions are there in the official email. I got my certificate 1 hour after the oath and there was no email to notify this. I just checked IRCC secure account and it was there.

Reactions: IPULL and desmat

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Any experts here
I am a May Applicant waiting after completing test July 26th. BG Completed and Citizenship completed.
LPP in progress. Today few days ago i received my GCMS notes, a 14 page pdf.
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 14

any idea?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Any experts here
I am a May Applicant waiting after completing test July 26th. BG Completed and Citizenship completed.
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

any idea?
Not an expert, but what are you asking? The bold text you pasted just says some information has been redacted before sending the notes to you. The actual status and progress should be inside the pdf. Look for a section that says: PAPER FILE and the following section: APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT. Those will likely tell you where you are at, since you are waiting for LPP.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Any experts here

any idea?
Well it depends on the data you received in the attachment. Is there an attachment?