+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

SGU79

Nov 24, 2023
Type: Paper application (2 Adults and 1 child)
Processing office(s): AOR from Sydney, Test invite from Surrey BC
Applied on December 8th, 2022
AOR: Feb 23, 2023
Background Check completed: April 13, 2023
Citizenship test completed: April 17, 2023
Ghost update on October 27, 2023
LPP : In Progress
No movement after the Oct 27th 2023 Ghost update. Called IRCC and they informed no docs needed and I will need to wait. Anyone in this forum from Vancouver with Surrey processing office with any positive news?

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
No movement after the Oct 27th 2023 Ghost update. Called IRCC and they informed no docs needed and I will need to wait. Anyone in this forum from Vancouver with Surrey processing office with any positive news?
Unfortunately, I think the Oct 27 ghost update didn't mean anything- it was a system update with no actual file update I'm afraid. I received the same GU on the 27th (and actually Oct 20th the week before) and I haven't had any update to LPP status.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
You can post and follow the Dec 2022 thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2022-citizenship-applicants.781857/page-219

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Was Tanya G your officer? In the subject, I had marked “Tanya G” as she mentioned.
Yes, that's the same officer. I was seat 49. She told me to mention "Negin" in the Subject. I also got an email today for certificate download instructions.

okeyanene

Aug 18, 2018
In case any one finds this helpful- spoke to CIC last week and they advised they haven't even started LPP or PP. The file hasn't been opened since it was updated with test completion. I assume anyone with dates close to mine are in the same boat. So I assume it will be another few weeks before we see some updates.

Office: Good old Scarbs
Applied: May 13th
AOR: June 08
Test Completed on Tracker: Aug 12
Hey! apoorvab,

I am in the same boat as you. Applied May 14th, AOR: June 8th; Test completed on Tracker August 9th. LPP still in progress. Some applicants who submitted 3 months after me have already gotten their certificates. Unreal eh!

Have you gotten any updates since then?

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
Hi all,

I have taken my oath on Nov 17. I have sent out the signed form but have not yet received my e-certificate. I urgently need to travel next week and my application is not moving. I am unable to download the certificate.

When I try calling IRCC they are extremely unhelpful. I tried raising a webform but nothing is happening.

Is anyone else in the same situation please ?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
@Hansanta Have you received any update?
None whatsoever :( I was following a Reddit megathread for 2023 citizenship application and there are many people who got their AOR to Oath within 1 month or 2 months. Those guys applied in October so I am not sure why it's so fast for them versus people who applied earlier.

I called IRCC today and they keep saying it's in progress however i applied as a family and the other application has become "non-routine" even though mine is "routine". So now i am worried this will hold me back and delay the process even further! so frustrating how there is no line of sight to how they process these applications. seems like a lottery system at this point.

IPULL

May 30, 2023
It seems everyone that has gotten their oath completed got the email to download certificate and were able to download after the ceremony. At the time of application, I selected paper certificate. I'm wondering if I will still get the email to download certificate or if the paper selection is delaying the LPP?
Hi, I don’t think it matters because they’ll ask you again what you prefer!

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
None whatsoever :( I was following a Reddit megathread for 2023 citizenship application and there are many people who got their AOR to Oath within 1 month or 2 months. Those guys applied in October so I am not sure why it's so fast for them versus people who applied earlier.

I called IRCC today and they keep saying it's in progress however i applied as a family and the other application has become "non-routine" even though mine is "routine". So now i am worried this will hold me back and delay the process even further! so frustrating how there is no line of sight to how they process these applications. seems like a lottery system at this point.
I dont think its about lottery system, may be the officer who handle your file might have backups may go for vacation etc lol. i am on the same boat as you.