+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
The painful thing is that it's sitting in Sydney for months then to just be transferred. I wish mine gets transferred soon. Mine is in Sydney with no officer assigned to it.
I know it is super frustrating! But we will get it eventually :)

I found this!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5
It says "In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test."
Let's hope that is true!!

Reactions: Elyas1

tasha23

Nov 6, 2019
Awww I was hoping for an in-person ceremony instead of an online ceremony but I got the online ceremony. I don't want to risk delays in the oath, even though I would prefer an in-person ceremony. So I'll just have to suck it up.

Ok actually question, how long after your original ceremony date, was the new ceremony scheduled for ?
Original date (video ceremony) : September 22
In-person ceremony date: September 29
so only 7 days difference!
I would recommend you to do research in-person citizenship ceremony near you
Find a citizenship ceremony (cic.gc.ca) and then look for the one closest to your location with the closest date.
And then ask if you can attend that one.
I didn't do this, but it gives you a peace of mind on what's the nearest possible date you'll get it re-scheduled.

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
FYI- @NOC98 @Wujwuj

I got my oath invite email today, tracker still showing not started.

VO : Scarborough
Application submitted online: May 07
AOR- May 30
Test Invite - July 7
Test given- July 21 (tracker updated 23rd)
LPP complete: Sept 13(tracker updated sept 15)
Oath Email invite- 6th Oct
Oath Scheduled on - 18th Oct

Reactions: NOC98 and desmat

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Any tips for oath ceremony (10th of Oct) and passport application because I have to leave canada by November 1st .

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Any tips for oath ceremony (10th of Oct) and passport application because I have to leave canada by November 1st .
Don't pospone your oath it will get delayed. instead apply for fast track passport if required. 20 days is still enough time you can get passport by regular application too.

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Don't pospone your oath it will get delayed. instead apply for fast track passport if required. 20 days is still enough time you can get passport by regular application too.
Signing Oath online or on printed paper makes any difference to get the citizenship certificate ? Because I need to apply for passport right next day .

Reactions: AnonyKaty