+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rish_261193

Jun 11, 2018
You should do everything. No AOR means your profile was not accepted at all. Atleast send a webform and attach proof of payment and email that you receive when you submit the application. Thanks
To add to the previous comment.

There is another caveat to it, my mother and sister applied for their citizenship last year. They received no communication or AOR and were directly invited for citizenship test in feb this year. So no AOR doesn't mean all is wrong. If you have paid the citizenship fee and have received no communication it's okay. No communication simply means no answer (doesn't mean something is wrong). I would recommend you to fill the web form or call them

Reactions: sidroy09

sb23

Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
Thank you so much, just sent an email and they sent it right away!! Got the instructions!!
I have a similar problem. I completed the ceremony yesterday but I don't have the instructions to download the e-certificate. Did you send an email to the same email address from which you received the ceremony details?

IPULL

May 30, 2023
I have a similar problem. I completed the ceremony yesterday but I don't have the instructions to download the e-certificate. Did you send an email to the same email address from which you received the ceremony details?
No, just webform and it came like in 10 minutes!!

Reactions: sb23

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Applied: May7
AOR: May 30
Test Invite: July 7
Test given: July 21
LPP complete: September 13

still waiting for Oath invite.

Anyone in same boat waiting for oath for more than 15 days

Reactions: sidroy09

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
I think I might have an idea why my application is a bit "delayed". They might have classified it as non routine (just assuming) because they requested for police report same day I got my AOR. However my background was completed since June.

Also, I sent them a letter of explanation same period i got my AOR in June explaining why I didn't include my visit history under the section that asks if you have had any immigration status in any country before. I didn't think visit visa was considered an immigration status. However, I later realised on the drop down options, there was a visit option. So I sent them a letter explaining this and added a history of all my travels as a visitor.

I'm just guessing such letters or situations delays the processing.

Not sure though. Any thoughts on this?

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
I think I might have an idea why my application is a bit "delayed". They might have classified it as non routine (just assuming) because they requested for police report same day I got my AOR. However my background was completed since June.

Also, I sent them a letter of explanation same period i got my AOR in June explaining why I didn't include my visit history under the section that asks if you have had any immigration status in any country before. I didn't think visit visa was considered an immigration status. However, I later realised on the drop down options, there was a visit option. So I sent them a letter explaining this and added a history of all my travels as a visitor.

I'm just guessing such letters or situations delays the processing.

Not sure though. Any thoughts on this?
This is my two cents:

We have a similar timeline. As a reminder:
Online application from Vancouver
Submitted May 12
AOR June 5
Test: July 10 (completed on July 13)
BG and LPP in progress

I don't have extensive travel outside the country. Very simple application and routine in my opinion. Yet the BG is taking so long.
After reading many timelines I just realize that it is all random!!
Even some people speculate that if they ask for FP it means it is non routine and it will take longer. But we have seen many applicants with FP requests that have already got their certificates.
Another speculation is that families take longer than single applicants. Again not true! Based on evidence. Neither the 'paper' vs 'online' applications. So I have no idea! :D

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
This is my two cents:

We have a similar timeline. As a reminder:
Online application from Vancouver
Submitted May 12
AOR June 5
Test: July 10 (completed on July 13)
BG and LPP in progress

I don't have extensive travel outside the country. Very simple application and routine in my opinion. Yet the BG is taking so long.
After reading many timelines I just realize that it is all random!!
Even some people speculate that if they ask for FP it means it is non routine and it will take longer. But we have seen many applicants with FP requests that have already got their certificates.
Another speculation is that families take longer than single applicants. Again not true! Based on evidence. Neither the 'paper' vs 'online' applications. So I have no idea! :D
We 3 have the same timelines. And I found out that my LPP was assigned to RC 8090. They haven't even started my LPP when I ordered notes. I have a total of 32 days away for the 5 year period? I am thinking that my app is delayed because either I have been a PR since 2009 and I'm just applying now so there's a lot to look at or that because it's just in Sydney and they are so damn slow.