App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
Thank you all for helping in this journey!!!! Oath ceremony was great and fun!! Wish everyone best of luck, @ceejay132 please keep in touch and keep me updated on your status. THANKS AGAIN
Hi, I am curious - what is your motivation behind giving up the German citizenship ? If it is personal you don't have to tell me. I am just curious if there is anything I am missing.

I did a lot of research and for me there are no obligations in terms of taxes in Europe after becoming a permanent resident. I assume it should be the same for you.

I am thinking I will keep my Schongen Area citizenship so that my kids and wife can have it in the future for traveling, work and education.

IPULL

May 30, 2023
Hi, I am curious - what is your motivation behind giving up the German citizenship ? If it is personal you don't have to tell me. I am just curious if there is anything I am missing.

I did a lot of research and for me there are no obligations in terms of taxes in Europe after becoming a permanent resident. I assume it should be the same for you.

I am thinking I will keep my Schongen Area citizenship so that my kids and wife can have it in the future for traveling, work and education.
My child is Canadian born and doesn't have dual citizenship, I also want to pursue a political career. After my oath I spoke to my mom and she said that Germany is debating of allowing dual citizenship in the upcoming year. I am in Canada since 2011

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
My child is Canadian born and doesn't have dual citizenship, I also want to pursue a political career. After my oath I spoke to my mom and she said that Germany is debating of allowing dual citizenship in the upcoming year. I am in Canada since 2011
thank you. Yes for political career it does make sense. Czechia does allow dual citizenship but Germany does not.

snow884

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2019
In the tracker, what is the difference between Toronto and Scarborough? are they not the same?
I think Toronto people are processed in Scarborough, some people put city as Scarborough because they know they are processed in Scarborough visa office .

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thank you all for helping in this journey!!!! Oath ceremony was great and fun!! Wish everyone best of luck, @ceejay132 please keep in touch and keep me updated on your status. THANKS AGAIN
Congratulations again. Wish you all the best. Hope the next stage will not be worrisome.

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hello ,

This is my timeline
Application type: Online
Number of Applicants: 2
Application Sent: 1 May

Applicant 1 :
AOR for one applicant : 24 May
Last Updated showing on tracker : 24 June

Applicant 2 (My Spouse):
Additional details Asked: 24 May
Details Sent: 29 May
Acknowledge Details: 8 August
Still no AOR

Its been long time now without any progress on our applications. How should I proceed with this ? Contact IRCC or local MP?

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, has anyone who wrote the citizenship test outside Canada received an update on their application? I received an email requesting to send all pages of my epassport to confirm my physical presence. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hello ,

This is my timeline
Application type: Online
Number of Applicants: 2
Application Sent: 1 May

Applicant 1 :
AOR for one applicant : 24 May
Last Updated showing on tracker : 24 June

Applicant 2 (My Spouse):
Additional details Asked: 24 May
Details Sent: 29 May
Acknowledge Details: 8 August
Still no AOR

Its been long time now without any progress on our applications. How should I proceed with this ? Contact IRCC or local MP?
Anyone please comment on this ? I did not see my profile moving.