+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Hey guys:

Looking for some guidance on Question 11 regarding the gaps:

If I had two jobs where the 1st job ends on "May 15, 2019", and the second job starts on "June 17, 2019", is there a gap that I need to include as "unemployment"? Because the two jobs have already covered the month of "May 2019" and the month of "June 2019" and there's no way to enter the specific days. Wondering what's the best approach on this. Thanks!
Does it have a "day" section? I mean "MM-DD-YYYY? Or does it just ask for month and year? I don't think it should be a problem cos it's d next month anyways... otherwise, you can write a letter of explanation to explain the very short gap

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Does it have a "day" section? I mean "MM-DD-YYYY? Or does it just ask for month and year? I don't think it should be a problem cos it's d next month anyways... otherwise, you can write a letter of explanation to explain the very short gap
@ceejay132 thanks for the reply. This only has YYYY-MM and doesn’t allow for writing down specific days.

By the way, I’m also wondering for Question 13 where we are asked for the “immigration and citizenship status” in any country other than Canada, do we need to include like all the travel (like transiting through some countries which automatically gives you “visitor” status)?

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
@ceejay132 thanks for the reply. This only has YYYY-MM and doesn’t allow for writing down specific days.

By the way, I’m also wondering for Question 13 where we are asked for the “immigration and citizenship status” in any country other than Canada, do we need to include like all the travel (like transiting through some countries which automatically gives you “visitor” status)?
[/QUOT
Since its may and June, there's no gap.
No. Transit doesn't give you immigration status. You can add where you actually visited and select "Visitor" status from the drop down list.

Reactions: gamzoog

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1105
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: May 22nd
AOR: June 20th
Background check completed: July 12th
Test Window: July 24, 2023 and August 13, 2023
Test Completed: July 30th (not updated on the tracker yet)
Test updated on tracker: Aug 2nd
LPP completed: Aug 24th (updated on tracker on Aug 26th)

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,
Another update. Our test statuses have been updated to Completed. So now, everything on my application is completed, except Oath Ceremony which is still 'Not started'.
I saw on the tracker that there is a column for 'Decision Made'. Is this for when the overall application status changes to 'Congratulations!'? I saw that everyone on the tracker had the same date as their LPP completion date. Just curious if this happens before or after the oath ceremony.
On a side note, my wife's BG and LPP are in progress, but Test is completed. Have there been any other cases where the test got completed before anything else?
Thank you.
UPDATE:
Hello Everyone,
Update on our application. My wife's BG and LPP are completed as well. It took about 4 weeks after submitting her fingerprints for the BG to be completed and another 4-5 days for LPP to be completed. So both our applications have all processes as completed and waiting for the Oath invite. I saw on the forum that people who received their invites got them about 10-12 days after everything else was completed. So hoping that it would be the same timeline for us as well.
Thank you.

Reactions: hash2019

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
My tracker was updated on august 26 but still nothing changes on my tracker yet ! How long do I have to wait for tracker get updated?

Last edited:

reemadel

Feb 19, 2017
UPDATE:
Hello Everyone,
Update on our application. My wife's BG and LPP are completed as well. It took about 4 weeks after submitting her fingerprints for the BG to be completed and another 4-5 days for LPP to be completed. So both our applications have all processes as completed and waiting for the Oath invite. I saw on the forum that people who received their invites got them about 10-12 days after everything else was completed. So hoping that it would be the same timeline for us as well.
Thank you.
Congrats! which processing office?

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Con
UPDATE:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you.
Congrats

Reactions: Shiva91

icetoad

Jul 26, 2023
They are talking about introducing digital oath, where you could click on a check box and submit like a docusign doc. That should cut some of the processing time.

Anyway, I have an update:

LPP: 2023-08-22
Thanks a lot folks for keeping us posted about your application status.
Wishing you all quick application processing and best of luck for the future!

This will my final update here.

Oath letter: 2023-08-28
Oath date: 2023-09-05

Reactions: hash2019 and IPULL

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
My tracker was updated on august 26 but still nothing changes on my tracker yet ! How long do I have to wait for tracker get updated?
Seems like a ghost update and good news especially as you just contacted them and someone worker on your file.

You should see the update tomorrow. Updates don't show on Mondays ideally from what I've read here.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
UPDATE:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you.
Congrats glad to hear!

July 16 test completed and stuck :( It was going really fast til it wasn't :( hopefully we get good news soon . I'm also from Edmonton and test was from Vancouver. Edmonton peeps, please let's keep each other posted.

hash2019

Jul 3, 2019
UPDATE:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you.
Hi there,
we have almost same timeline as yours and in Calgary. LPP done on Aug 26th , waiting on Oath.
good Luck to you and your family.