+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?
I dont think there is any set pattern of steps as to which starts earlier than others. In your case, you already know the reason why your eligibility is under review.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
I dont think there is any set pattern of steps as to which starts earlier than others. In your case, you already know the reason why your eligibility is under review.
Got it. I often seen files with Eligibility under Review required security not started or starts after passing eligibility.

Logic is security done by CBSA/CSIS agencies which takes some time so why to complete backgroud check (security portion) when eligiibility not even passed? I mean why to waste resources and time right and thats usually echoed by trend which I have seen with few applications.

Usually R.10 check and Criminality passed
Medical follows too once UCI linked
then Eligibility comes into picture if (Review required then it will go to senior officer)

once passed then moves to Security as a final step of application.

Once security report comes back then final review to finalize the application and issue PPR or ECOPR thats how I have seen the process.

in my case its opposite which is kind of weird.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Got it. I often seen files with Eligibility under Review required security not started or starts after passing eligibility.

Logic is security done by CBSA/CSIS agencies which takes some time so why to complete backgroud check (security portion) when eligiibility not even passed? I mean why to waste resources and time right and thats usually echoed by trend which I have seen with few applications.

Usually R.10 check and Criminality passed
Medical follows too once UCI linked
then Eligibility comes into picture if (Review required then it will go to senior officer)

once passed then moves to Security as a final step of application.

Once security report comes back then final review to finalize the application and issue PPR or ECOPR thats how I have seen the process.

in my case its opposite which is kind of weird.
I would like to assume that to be eligible, you should be eligible from all fronts - medical admissibility , background, security, verification of claimed points with documents submitted etc etc. That is pure guess though :) and I may be completely wrong.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
I would like to assume that to be eligible, you should be eligible from all fronts - medical admissibility , background, security, verification of claimed points with documents submitted etc etc. That is pure guess though :) and I may be completely wrong.
Usually what you are saying is last step they do before finalizing the application they ensure all fronts are good so approves after that. but when it comes to Eligibility which is R.87 and A.11 or something stage it just they check you are eligible for stream you applied in my case CEC - documents - and total points claimed matched so case analyst puts remake as recommened pass then it moves to security once that comes back senior officer will review again Medical, criminality, eligibility (which was recommended pass change that to passed), verify security report and makes final decision thats why they call it finalizing the application.

so that is why I am also confused how come they completed all stages but not eligibility yet?

I have ordered GCMS notes so will get clear picture but it will take a month to get it.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Usually what you are saying is last step they do before finalizing the application they ensure all fronts are good so approves after that. but when it comes to Eligibility which is R.87 and A.11 or something stage it just they check you are eligible for stream you applied in my case CEC - documents - and total points claimed matched so case analyst puts remake as recommened pass then it moves to security once that comes back senior officer will review again Medical, criminality, eligibility (which was recommended pass change that to passed), verify security report and makes final decision thats why they call it finalizing the application.

so that is why I am also confused how come they completed all stages but not eligibility yet?

I have ordered GCMS notes so will get clear picture but it will take a month to get it.
Yep, and this where I am of opinion that this is not a standard - remake as recommened pass then it moves to security - things I would assume could run in parallel.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
hi everyone, guidance needed plz.

My AOR is 17th MAY.
everything on tracker completed on Aug 24 ( for my wife and myself)
Blessed with a baby daughter in sep, and updated her details shortly afterwards. everything completed in tracker once again on Nov 2nd.
On November 29, received a re medical request, only for myself, the primary applicant. Got this done within 3 weeks and medical went back to completed again on 13th Dec. All completed once again on tracker. No response until January 2nd, when my background verification went back to "in Progress". Called IRCC and learned that Criminality and medicals have passed. Security Screening is in progress.

Is this a normal trend? does someone have an idea what is happening here?
Thanks in advance.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
hi everyone, guidance needed plz.

My AOR is 17th MAY.
everything on tracker completed on Aug 24 ( for my wife and myself)
Blessed with a baby daughter in sep, and updated her details shortly afterwards. everything completed in tracker once again on Nov 2nd.
On November 29, received a re medical request, only for myself, the primary applicant. Got this done within 3 weeks and medical went back to completed again on 13th Dec. All completed once again on tracker. No response until January 2nd, when my background verification went back to "in Progress". Called IRCC and learned that Criminality and medicals have passed. Security Screening is in progress.

Is this a normal trend? does someone have an idea what is happening here?
Thanks in advance.
so wat I have read from post is that, They never asked you to send passport if outside Canada or portal emails (COPR for inside Canada) as I wonder why they re-doing security and all other checks for you. it should be simple right adding baby and submit documents like babys passport copies etc...

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
so wat I have read from post is that, They never asked you to send passport if outside Canada or portal emails (COPR for inside Canada) as I wonder why they re-doing security and all other checks for you. it should be simple right adding baby and submit documents like babys passport copies etc...
Checking if the new added people is threat to canadian military and defense.

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Quick update - Eligibility changed to 'In Progress' (from Not started). Background still In Progress.
Also, got a ghost update on GCKey (but no email)
Lets see what the next few months has in store...

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
And anther update, Background Verification changed to 'Completed' from (from in progress). Eligibility still In Progress.
Also, got a ghost update on GCKey, no changes there (but no email)

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
And anther update, Background Verification changed to 'Completed' from (from in progress). Eligibility still In Progress.
Also, got a ghost update on GCKey, no changes there (but no email)
congrats on ur BG getting completed. Looks like ur file has started to move.

Did you ever order GCMS notes? any reason your eligibility taken so long to get started?

Reactions: wowangst

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Checking if the new added people is threat to canadian military and defense.
Hi Muhammad, you think my (Principal applicant's) background check also went into in progress from completed because they are checking background of the new added person, which is my new born baby? How long do you think this process takes if you have any idea? you think my file has opened again as well, or just the new added person's?

Thanks