+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

ymashruwala

May 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi all, received an email today to confirm my PR application i.e., the virtual landing portal email. I am travelling from Jan 18 to Feb 3. If I confirm my PR now and receive CoPR, it will disrupt my travel plans. What options do I have so that I can travel and delay this landing process? What should I do?

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
My Express Entry PR application AOR was on April 30 and is still under processing.
My study permit and social insurance number expired on December 5, 2023. I already applied for a study permit extension on September 20, 2023, but it is still under processing.
Currently, I am on a maintained status in Canada, which means I can continue studying and/or working based on the conditions in my original study permit, until I receive a decision.
I will be graduating next week and I will apply for the post-graduate work permit (PGWP).
Am I authorized to start working immediately once I submit my PGWP or Do I have to wait for my PGWP to be processed?
According to the IRCC website, I can work if I apply for a PGWP before the study permit expires. Does this mean I have to wait or, provided that I am on maintained status, I can start working immediately once I submit my PGWP?
I need your help as I have a job offer now and do not know what to do.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
My Express Entry PR application AOR was on April 30 and is still under processing.
My study permit and social insurance number expired on December 5, 2023. I already applied for a study permit extension on September 20, 2023, but it is still under processing.
Currently, I am on a maintained status in Canada, which means I can continue studying and/or working based on the conditions in my original study permit, until I receive a decision.
I will be graduating next week and I will apply for the post-graduate work permit (PGWP).
Am I authorized to start working immediately once I submit my PGWP or Do I have to wait for my PGWP to be processed?
According to the IRCC website, I can work if I apply for a PGWP before the study permit expires. Does this mean I have to wait or, provided that I am on maintained status, I can start working immediately once I submit my PGWP?
I need your help as I have a job offer now and do not know what to do.
Better to call IRCC and ask them for clarification. It's not worth taking risks with this and working when you may not be authorized to work.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi all, received an email today to confirm my PR application i.e., the virtual landing portal email. I am travelling from Jan 18 to Feb 3. If I confirm my PR now and receive CoPR, it will disrupt my travel plans. What options do I have so that I can travel and delay this landing process? What should I do?
If you get the eCOPR while you are outside, your current permit and TRV become invalid. You'll have to either apply for PRTD or enter by land via the US border (if you have a US visa and the eCOPR). You can reply to the email and let them know your travel plans. They may hold your file until you come back.

J_Singh_0290

Aug 10, 2023
You can keep it in your Indian bank and get updated PoF to meet the PoF requirement. But, you'll need cash/credit cards to survive the first few days here till you can open your bank account in Canada.
Thanks! I had just 3500 Cad and updated PoF. No one asked anything except if I was carrying more than 10K cash.

Pavkpav

Sep 1, 2023
My AOR is May 20, 2023 & application is in progress with eligibility in review, I am on LMIA based closed work permit which expires in April 2024. I will apply for BOWP if required just before my work permit expiry date. Any idea if I get BOWP do I still need to work with this same employer who has given me LMIA, or will I be free to work with any employer?

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
The only thing I can think of is that I studied in China. From what I've heard and read, it takes longer for background check from Chinese government. No criminal history for me.
Any update? I also did my bachelor from china, security screening stuck since OCT

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?