+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

albertpktu

Oct 31, 2019
Hi ,

How exactly the ghost update happen? Does a email come to us or the status in GCKEY say Application Updated?

markcm

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
11-05-2023
Med's Done....
09-04-2023
Passport Req..
11-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2023
Finally got the PPR almost 2 weeks after everything got completed in the tracker. Better late than never, surely. Hope everyone else who's waiting gets their applications processed quickly. Cheers!
Congratulations! Finally!

Reactions: crunchyfrappe8

Charu2021

Sep 23, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-05-2023
I mean the official application status tracker, I'm interested to know what's your status on BG and eligibility.
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/

Thanks!
Ok thanks for clarifying. Eligibility- (In Progress) We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.
Background - (In Progress) We’re checking your background to make sure you are admissible to Canada.
Both Biometrics and Medical Exam are Completed.

Charu2021

Sep 23, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-05-2023
Consider providing proof of relationship of your sibling too. They have specifically asked for it :)
Done this, thanks a lot for pointing it out. I submitted the document yesterday. Hopefully they will accept it. Do they send a notification if they review or accept the document sent through ADR?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Done this, thanks a lot for pointing it out. I submitted the document yesterday. Hopefully they will accept it. Do they send a notification if they review or accept the document sent through ADR?
I think there's very little chance of them not accepting anything in your case. ADRs are only complicated if things are unclear on both sides. You have a proof of relationship and they should be happy with it.

Your tracker and GCKey both are going to reflect the ADR status. Tracker is going to lag with ADR or show little to no progress, but GCKey should show a clearer picture.

Reactions: Charu2021

albertpktu

Oct 31, 2019
Hi ,

How exactly the ghost update happen? Does a email come to us or the status in GCKEY say Application Updated?
Can anyone let me know?In my application it says application updated in GCKEY but didn't receive any mail and nothing seems to be updated.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can anyone let me know?In my application it says application updated in GCKEY but didn't receive any mail and nothing seems to be updated.
That's a Ghost update. Read the common lingo used here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/post-7602441

Fwiw, immigration lawyers and prominent forum members don't follow those: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-347#post-6636032

There are only a handful of these movements that are ever attributed to anything meaningful (e.g. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831).

Reactions: markcm

MrGoodCat

Jul 6, 2023
Nope neither, he has never been to Canada. I claimed eligibility points for my Uncle who’s a Canadian Citizen and had provided relevant documents for the same.
If you claimed the 15 express entry points for any person other than your immediate family, those points will not be awarded to you. You can only claim points if any one of your (step) brother, sister, father or mother is a permanent resident or national of Canada. Claiming points for paternal or maternal relatives invalidates your claim to those points.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you claimed the 15 express entry points for any person other than your immediate family, those points will not be awarded to you. You can only claim points if any one of your (step) brother, sister, father or mother is a permanent resident or national of Canada. Claiming points for paternal or maternal relatives invalidates your claim to those points.
That's correct. Don't know how I missed it too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Reactions: Tomia

albertpktu

Oct 31, 2019