+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

Bruger18

Apr 11, 2023
Yes. There are some phases in the background verification that requires your biometrics, so the completion of your BG check depends on how soon you submit biometrics.

If you check your GCKey right now, it will most likely say "Not Applicable", until you submit biometrics, then it changes to "We are processing your background check".
Thank you! We'll be able to give our biometrics in one week, so this sounds positive!

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi All,

First time on the forum!

Timeline:

FSW-O
Country- Jamaica
AOR- May 3, 2023
Med and Bio Completed- May 11, 2023
Eligibility - In Progress (maybe a week after med and bio, but not sure)
BG- In Progress (maybe a week after med and bio, but not sure)
ADR Req for RFPR fee - June 5, 2023

Update- June 9, 2023 - Reviewing ADR

Waiting patiently.... no more updates
Kingston VO is very fast. My wife's timeline on GCkey all showed background and eligibility not started until they issued the visa and COPR. When you receive the pre-arrival letter, the passport request usually follows just a few days later. That's going from my own experience and others Ive seen with successful applications via Kingston.

Kingston post on here you should look at. Kingston Jamaica VO

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Kingston VO is very fast. My wife's timeline on GCkey all showed background and eligibility not started until they issued the visa and COPR. When you receive the pre-arrival letter, the passport request usually follows just a few days later. That's going from my own experience and others Ive seen with successful applications via Kingston.

Kingston post on here you should look at. Kingston Jamaica VO
Thank you ! This is reassuring! Can you tell me when was your wife’s AOR?
I will definitely be checking out this thread

SharmaGagan7

May 19, 2023
RVF mail received but gckey is still not updated. I need to book PP submission appointment. I need PPR letter is it the mail i received or it will uploaded on the gckey account?

Reactions: Tokelola

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Reactions: Ramyapreethi

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
but VFS global needs PPR letter to book appointment for passport submission.
overthinking. The mail you received clearly asks you to submit your passport for stamping. That is same as passport request. Just use that and move ahead. Best luck.

albericoneto

Apr 9, 2023
hey guys, yesterday I noticed a GU in GCKey saying Application Status Update, with no changes at all, BG was in "We are processing your bg check" and it keeps like that. No changes in tracker as well, BG in progress, Eligibility not started.

Can this be the final GU before PPR?

FSW-O Brazil
Unknown VO
AOR: May 28th
Bio collected June 22nd

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
hey guys, yesterday I noticed a GU in GCKey saying Application Status Update, with no changes at all, BG was in "We are processing your bg check" and it keeps like that. No changes in tracker as well, BG in progress, Eligibility not started.

Can this be the final GU before PPR?

FSW-O Brazil
Unknown VO
AOR: May 28th
Bio collected June 22nd
The most reliable comments on this subject are from Legalfalcon: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831

> The BGC will change twice. First when your criminality is in progress, which is fairly early in the application, and then will go back to not applicable. It will then again change to in progress, after eligibility has been passed and when security screening is in progress. This is usually at the end of the application processing.

>If your application BGC has seen a change twice, then your application is nearing an end.

I haven't seen most applications go through these changes (turning to not applicable and then changing again) consistently though.

Reactions: femi_kan

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
The most reliable comments on this subject are from Legalfalcon: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/post-10443831

> The BGC will change twice. First when your criminality is in progress, which is fairly early in the application, and then will go back to not applicable. It will then again change to in progress, after eligibility has been passed and when security screening is in progress. This is usually at the end of the application processing.

>If your application BGC has seen a change twice, then your application is nearing an end.

I haven't seen most applications go through these changes (turning to not applicable and then changing again) consistently though.
I think there’s a current glitch in the system however that are changing most bgc to not applicable. I read a few people have this problem and when they called ircc that’s what they were told .
My bg has been at not applicable for over a month but in progress on tracker. It’s so hard to know which stage I’m at now because of this. I hope it will continue to follow the pattern you mentioned because it would help a lot of people , like myself at least have some idea of what stage they’re at.

albericoneto

Apr 9, 2023

Thanks!! Problem is that I started to check my account regularly only after MEP, then I couldn't see anu GU's before that. I got an update status by email 1 day after MEP and BG changed to "We are processing..." while BG in tracker changed to In Progress, so I imagine (and hope) this was IP2 and the one I received yesterday was final GU but it's hard to say because Eleigibility is not started. Will wait and post here if any updates.

Geetej

Mar 2, 2023
Anyone for Express entry PNP with AoR in May recieved any update.
My AoR: May 5
Med updated: May 30
Nothing after that.
Any idea when can I expect to hear back anything?