+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
Yes, all you now need to wait for is your Background check to be over. Is your background check in progress too? Sometimes, they just finish it in a day or a week as well.

Also, with your eligibility pass: you are A11.2 pass and the officer is convinced of the documents you submitted: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Ah great! I wasnt expecting this part to be done so soon. Background check is in progress and I dont think I will have any problems there. Does this mean that I could potentially get the PPR in the next week?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ah great! I wasnt expecting this part to be done so soon. Background check is in progress and I dont think I will have any problems there. Does this mean that I could potentially get the PPR in the next week?
You can expect it soon. I wouldn't sit tight on next week. Just wait for BGS to finish and chill I guess :D

Whitelist "cic.gc.ca" on your email and turn on email notifications on mobile.

Reactions: MapleBoy01

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
So I see in the Application Status Tracker today that Eligibility is Completed. That makes two sections Completed for me - the other being Medical Exam. What does this mean in terms of my application's progress towards PPR? Is my COPR now only contingent upon a successful background verification?
Firstly, congrats on the update. Might I ask, when did your eligibility review begin in the tracker??

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
Firstly, congrats on the update. Might I ask, when did your eligibility review begin in the tracker??
Thanks buddy. I didnt quite notice when the Eligibility turned from 'Not Started' to 'In Progress' but I suspect it happened sometime after my Biometrics were received which was done on 22 May. The latest update in the tracker says the following:

May 25, 2023
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks buddy. I didnt quite notice when the Eligibility turned from 'Not Started' to 'In Progress' but I suspect it happened sometime after my Biometrics were received which was done on 22 May. The latest update in the tracker says the following:

May 25, 2023
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
Once you get your passports stamped from IRCC, your GCkey will be updated with all dates to BGS, Eligibility.

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Howdy,

I am new here and I got my AOR a couple o days ago, wondering if I can add to the tracker when it's available to do so. Here's the catch, I already have a Work Permit in progress which is in the tracker, should I create another account for that or it is a different tracker tool? I heard that there's a tracker with a progress bar in which I don't see on my WP application.
Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Howdy,

I am new here and I got my AOR a couple o days ago, wondering if I can add to the tracker when it's available to do so. Here's the catch, I already have a Work Permit in progress which is in the tracker, should I create another account for that or it is a different tracker tool? I heard that there's a tracker with a progress bar in which I don't see on my WP application.
Thanks
The tracker is PR tracker: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Reactions: Vision-Air

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
This question may be a little too soon and slightly off-topic but I could get married later this year and I want my spouse (not a PR holder) to come and live with me in Canada. What's the best way to approach this assuming that I have my PR before we get married? I know that sponsoring my spouse could take upto 12 months. What options do we have?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
This question may be a little too soon and slightly off-topic but I could get married later this year and I want my spouse (not a PR holder) to come and live with me in Canada. What's the best way to approach this assuming that I have my PR before we get married? I know that sponsoring my spouse could take upto 12 months. What options do we have?
Not sure where you are from, but the best thing that you could've done was to marry in a small procession, file for the marriage certificate - add the spouse before AOR. Would've been the easiest thing to do.

Assuming that you'll get your PR before getting married, nothing you can do to change it tbh. You'll have to apply for spousal permit and she can come. I haven't read it, but there's a new press release on IRCC for family re-unification - read it if you can. Get her on spousal permit and then sponsor her PR.

IF you get married faster, add your wife to your application - it will extend your application by another 3-4 months, but she'll be there.

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
Not sure where you are from, but the best thing that you could've done was to marry in a small procession, file for the marriage certificate - add the spouse before AOR. Would've been the easiest thing to do.

Assuming that you'll get your PR before getting married, nothing you can do to change it tbh. You'll have to apply for spousal permit and she can come. I haven't read it, but there's a new press release on IRCC for family re-unification - read it if you can. Get her on spousal permit and then sponsor her PR.

IF you get married faster, add your wife to your application - it will extend your application by another 3-4 months, but she'll be there.
Thanks for the info. Could you tell me a bit about the 'spousal permit' and how it differs from sponsoring the spouse's PR? What processing time can I expect in the 'spousal permit' route?
And what about simply getting her a tourist visa? That should allow her to live for upto 6 months and can be extended iirc?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the info. Could you tell me a bit about the 'spousal permit' and how it differs from sponsoring the spouse's PR? What processing time can I expect in the 'spousal permit' route?
And what about simply getting her a tourist visa? That should allow her to live for upto 6 months and can be extended iirc?
Honestly, haven't read it, but here's the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

This was Sean Fraser's tweet:

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
After a bit of browsing, this is the strategy I will be going with:
Wait for my PR to arrive
Get Married
Apply for spouse's Vistor Visa
Fly To Canada - Me on PR and Spouse on Visitor Visa
Sponsor her PR while in Canada
Apply for her Open Work Permit right after submitting her PR application
Her PR will arrive in 12 months and meanwhile she can live with me on her Work Permit