+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Sayadi___

Jun 14, 2023
Finally, my LPP updated on Oct 13 2023. Just waiting for an oath ceremony email.

Application submitted: May 01, 2022;

Scarborough office, online application

AOR: May 09, 2022
BG Completed: November 10, 2022
Test Invite: Jan 20, 2023
Test completed: Feb 10, 2023

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Finally, my LPP updated on Oct 13 2023. Just waiting for an oath ceremony email.

Application submitted: May 01, 2022;

Scarborough office, online application

Congratulations! Nice to see some progress, albeit very slow.

Reactions: Sayadi___

Jeffsykess

Nov 8, 2018
So... Called IRCC this morning, the agent was somehow helpful. He said he couldn't find any indications that my application might be Non-Routine, but also said that my multiple GCMS notes requests (I've requested it two times) could have resulted in my file being on hold for a longer time.

After that, the agent added some notes to the officer working on my file stating that it's been over the processing time and said they could take up to 60 days after these notes to act on my file (not surprised).

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
So... Called IRCC this morning, the agent was somehow helpful. He said he couldn't find any indications that my application might be Non-Routine, but also said that my multiple CGMS notes requests (I've requested it two times) could have resulted in my file being on hold for a longer time.

After that, the agent added some notes to the officer working on my file stating that it's been over the processing time and said they could take up to 60 days after these notes to act on my file (not surprised).
they say these things all the time - the agent said the exact same things to me last week and my LPP was cleared in less than 48 hours after said conversation and received oath invite another 48 hours later. Don't lose hope.

• Love
Reactions: Jeffsykess

Jeffsykess

Nov 8, 2018
they say these things all the time - the agent said the exact same things to me last week and my LPP was cleared in less than 48 hours after said conversation and received oath invite another 48 hours later. Don't lose hope.
Thanks for sharing that, it makes me hopeful. I just want it to be over soon.

Reactions: zagcollins

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
So... Called IRCC this morning, the agent was somehow helpful. He said he couldn't find any indications that my application might be Non-Routine, but also said that my multiple GCMS notes requests (I've requested it two times) could have resulted in my file being on hold for a longer time.

Hi. Can you share what number you called?

Reactions: Jeffsykess

Sayadi___

Jun 14, 2023
Received my ceremony invitation on the tracker, not in email yet:

Application submitted: May 01, 2022, Scarborough office, online application
-
LPP: Oct 11, 2023
Citizenship ceremony scheduled for November 3: updated Oct 17, 2023

So close now. I have my fingers crossed for every person on this thread. Best of luck to all of you..

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hello everyone,
I saw an update on my citizenship tracker that my oath ceremony has been scheduled but I did. It receive an email notification. My path is scheduled for July 5th but I haven’t received any email notification confirming this and instructions of the ceremony. I called IRCC and they advised it would probably be rescheduled for another date. Has anyone else experienced this before, do you know what I can do?

My application,
Online Application
Application submission - May 18th 2022
AOR - June 1st
Background verification completed - Nov 16
Citizenship test status update - Jan 5th
Citizenship test completed - Jan 16th
Scanned passport documents - May 10th
Invited for interview - May 16th
Instructions sent (in person)- May 17
Interview completed - June 12th
LPP Completed - June 15