+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes u r true And after January they will start on student visa agin with may intake so ridiculous
I repeat though, I'm referring to the passport request stage - there is a physical limit to this part of process, physically handling the passports, printing them, etc. New student intake beginning in January will not (at that point) be overlapping much with the PPR/visa stage for sponsorship apps. (Not to mention all types 'share' staff at the PPR/visa printing stage but not so much at other parts of the app)

In other words, judging partly on history, PPRs for family apps in NDVO (probably other types, I jsut don't follow those) should pick up again once the student visa crush ligthens up.

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
I repeat though, I'm referring to the passport request stage - there is a physical limit to this part of process, physically handling the passports, printing them, etc. New student intake beginning in January will not (at that point) be overlapping much with the PPR/visa stage for sponsorship apps. (Not to mention all types 'share' staff at the PPR/visa printing stage but not so much at other parts of the app)

In other words, judging partly on history, PPRs for family apps in NDVO (probably other types, I jsut don't follow those) should pick up again once the student visa crush ligthens up.
when you say after the student visa process lightens up - are you saying PPRs would start in Jan or Feb?

Hmmu

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021

My application in NDVO and my husband want to come india is that ok or it will impact my application if any body knew then reply plz

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My application in NDVO and my husband want to come india is that ok or it will impact my application if any body knew then reply plz
If your husband is a PR, must remain resident in Canada throughout the process. "Short trips" are specifically allowed, which likely means less than a month.

Reactions: Hmmu

1hrprt1

Jul 26, 2019
must remain resident of Canada doesnot mean sponsor can not travel outside of Canada.
it really means Sponsor should retain his permanent resident status, for example keep his PR card renewed so sponsor profile in IRCC data is upto date.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
must remain resident of Canada doesnot mean sponsor can not travel outside of Canada.
it really means Sponsor should retain his permanent resident status, for example keep his PR card renewed so sponsor profile in IRCC data is upto date.
Wrong. What Armoured said above your reply is the correct answer.

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
Yeah hopefully everyone gets their PPRs soon....
Seems to have slowed down a bit. I am in Canada with my wife so cant submit my passport to a VFS office I just have to submit a scan through GC Key and get virtually landed. I did this on 26th October and it hasn’t moved at all. My application has been pretty efficient so far so I’m thankful and being patient but it would be so go to have some movement for Christmas.

Hmmu

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Thanku

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There are recent cases here of sponsors who travelled for longer periods (> one month) and had their applications refused.

Hmmu

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
But if someone has
There are recent cases here of sponsors who travelled for longer periods (> one month) and had their applications refused.
urgent work or any emergency and due to any reason unable to go for 1.5 month then it means application will refuse?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But if someone has

urgent work or any emergency and due to any reason unable to go for 1.5 month then it means application will refuse?
I cannot tell you because I do not know. No-one does, it seems. (Note, I don't fully understand your sentence above but doesn't really matter).

The problem in your question is assuming that there is a way to submit "reasons" and know in advance that they will be accepted (and often asked here "what happens if ...." as if there is some way to get the question/case reviewed during or after).

There is not (as far as I can tell). There are only some cases reported back either way (some refusals, some proceed with no issues).

What we know is: -IRCC relevant statute says PR-sponsors must be resident in Canada (no definition of 'resident' and no, wording does not overlap with or mean 'tax resident' ie. tax resident is not a guarantee; -IRCC regs do specifically say 'short trips' are okay (no definition); -enforcement of this is unclear.

All anyone here can tell you with some certainty is that going abroad for anything more than a short trip means a risk that the application could be refused or delayed (and no way to know how long delay might be).

If you want to take that risk, it's up to you.

There are fairly often claims here that "I sent IRCC a note saying I had to go abroad because [reasons] and my application wasn't rejected, therefore all you have to do is provide a reason." This argument doesn't hold up - as noted, enforcement of this is uneven - and there is no direct evidence that the "reasons" provided had anything to do with the fact the application wasn't rejected. It's the equivalent of me saying that sprinkling cumin on my balcony keeps tigers away because "see, no tigers!" Sure, maybe IRCC will read the note and be merciful - but no way to know in advance and hence no way to rely upon that argument.

[Side note for clarity: yes, a refusal could be appealed. But since the refusal/appeals process is quite long, it is probably more effective and quicker to re-apply with the PR-sponsor remaining in Canada, or at least re-applying no worse than appealing. And if that is true, it means that the argument "you can always appeal..." or "I'll just sue" is dumb - since starting over was the default and suing/appealing gives you no advantage.]

dri@Canada

Apr 10, 2021
I cannot tell you because I do not know. No-one does, it seems. (Note, I don't fully understand your sentence above but doesn't really matter).

The problem in your question is assuming that there is a way to submit "reasons" and know in advance that they will be accepted (and often asked here "what happens if ...." as if there is some way to get the question/case reviewed during or after).

There is not (as far as I can tell). There are only some cases reported back either way (some refusals, some proceed with no issues).

What we know is: -IRCC relevant statute says PR-sponsors must be resident in Canada (no definition of 'resident' and no, wording does not overlap with or mean 'tax resident' ie. tax resident is not a guarantee; -IRCC regs do specifically say 'short trips' are okay (no definition); -enforcement of this is unclear.

All anyone here can tell you with some certainty is that going abroad for anything more than a short trip means a risk that the application could be refused or delayed (and no way to know how long delay might be).

If you want to take that risk, it's up to you.

There are fairly often claims here that "I sent IRCC a note saying I had to go abroad because [reasons] and my application wasn't rejected, therefore all you have to do is provide a reason." This argument doesn't hold up - as noted, enforcement of this is uneven - and there is no direct evidence that the "reasons" provided had anything to do with the fact the application wasn't rejected. It's the equivalent of me saying that sprinkling cumin on my balcony keeps tigers away because "see, no tigers!" Sure, maybe IRCC will read the note and be merciful - but no way to know in advance and hence no way to rely upon that argument.

[Side note for clarity: yes, a refusal could be appealed. But since the refusal/appeals process is quite long, it is probably more effective and quicker to re-apply with the PR-sponsor remaining in Canada, or at least re-applying no worse than appealing. And if that is true, it means that the argument "you can always appeal..." or "I'll just sue" is dumb - since starting over was the default and suing/appealing gives you no advantage.]

Hi,
can you point to the statute/documentation that says the following two points;
What we know is: -IRCC relevant statute says PR-sponsors must be resident in Canada (no definition of 'resident' and no, wording does not overlap with or mean 'tax resident' ie. tax resident is not a guarantee; -IRCC regs do specifically say 'short trips' are okay (no definition);